Smart Teachers is recruiting for an experienced KS3 Music Teacher to join a ‘Good’ school in Newham. This full time KS3 classroom teaching position is available for a September 2019 start and will be contracted through to the end of the current academic year on a long-term basis. This role may also be offered permanently for the following academic year. Additionally, the school are looking to interview and appoint for this role as soon as possible.
About the Role
• Music Teacher
• To work alongside the head of department teaching KS3
• Must play a string instrument
• Long term contract with the opportunity to become permanent
• Opportunity to work across both KS2 and KS3
About the School
• Ofsted rated ‘Good’
• The school specialises in music across KS3-5; also work alongside primary schools within KS2
• The school is outstanding in all areas offering CPD to all of its staff members
• School is situated within Zone 3 and is a short walk from the station (district line)
In order to be considered for this role, the Music Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
• Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree with QTS
• Proven experience teaching the UK, or an equivalent, curriculum
• NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers are welcome to apply
• Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number LZD9432.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.