Smart Teachers is recruiting for a KS3 Science teacher to join a well-established independent prep school in Kensington and Chelsea. The school benefits from a strong community and parents are encouraged to be actively involved in their child’s learning. With proven experience teaching Upper Primary or Secondary Science, the successful teacher will start in November 2019. This is a full time contract, with the possibility of becoming a longer term position from January 2020.
About the Role
• KS3 Science Teacher
• 20-25 Children in each class
• Starting in November 2019
• Full-time contact until Christmas; possibility of a permanent post
• Salary from £130 per day depending on experience
About the School
• Independent Preparatory School catering for children aged 3-14 years
• ‘Excellent’ 2016 ISI Inspection in all areas
• Strong community atmosphere
• Extremely supportive staff
• Impressive facilities located over two sites
• Well-equipped outdoor play area and sports facilities
In order to be considered for this role, the KS3 Science Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
• Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree with QTS
• Proven experience teaching the UK, or an equivalent, curriculum
• NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers are welcome to apply
• Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number SXT6244.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.