Vision for Education are urgently recruiting for a KS3 Teacher on behalf of an alternative provision in the Gateshead area. Although the role is working with students in Key Stage 3, it will employ a Primary model, in which you would be responsible for delivering all subjects across the curriculum. It provides an exciting opportunity to engage and inspire a group of young learners that are very vulnerable and disaffected. With the right personality, empathy and perseverance, this will prove to be an incredibly rewarding role.
This position will begin on a supply basis and, for the right candidate, will go permanent in the 2018/19 school year.
The ideal candidate will hopefully meet all of the following criteria:
- Be comfortable delivering all subjects at a Primary level, to a group of Key Stage 3 students
- Be excited by the prospect of taking on their own form class of vulnerable learners, be comfortable with autonomy and making the role and class their own
- Have the ability to empathise with and engage some of the most hard to reach young people
- Have the ability to treat every day as a fresh start in what can be a very challenging environment
- Have previous experience working with challenging behaviour / be Team Teach trained
- Be available 5 days a week and be able to work in the Gateshead area
- Be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria
In return, as an agency we offer:
- Excellent, fair and transparent pay rates from £110 - £175 per day
- Seminars and training courses such as Team Teach and Moving & Handling (paid for by Vision) to continue your individual professional development.
- Dedicated team of experienced SEN consultants that work with our supply staff to place them in schools and locations that suit them.
- Wages paid directly into your bank account every week via PAYE.
- We are an agency that won't charge your school a fee should they wish to offer you a permanent contract. We won't stand in the way of your career.
- If you’re interested in a trial day, to see if the role is right for you, we will pay you for your time. We don’t expect anyone to work for free
All appointments are subject to a valid DBS check (full assistance can be provided) and referencing procedures. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the SEND Branch on 0191 2291386