KS4 Coordinator - Science
Required for September 2017
Salary: MPR or UPR (Fringe), with a TLR 2.2 of £4,690
An exciting opportunity for a KS4 Science Coordinator to join our 'outstanding' department at Glyn School.
Glyn School is a values driven, learning centric and innovative school, with an Ofsted ranking of ‘Outstanding’ in 2009 and 2012. An oversubscribed 11-19 Academy, Glyn is the lead school in the successful and thriving GLF Multi Academy Trust. We are a vibrant school for boys aged 11-16 with 1227 students on roll (year 7-11), and a successful mixed Sixth form with 546 students. Glyn is a high performing school, where learning is our overriding priority. Our highly engaged and hardworking students achieve excellent examination results, as demonstrated by results of 84% A*-C English and Maths in 2016 GCSE and 57% A*-B in A-Levels. In 2014, we were designated a teaching school, one of a select number that represent the most outstanding and innovative practices nationally.
Science at Glyn School:
Our high-performing Science faculty is an exceptional team with a strong group ethic. Many of our Sixth Form students choose to pursue Science and you will have the opportunity to teach A Level Science for 6 groups across Years 12 & 13. Our 2016 GCSE results in Science was 100% A*-C, with A-level results of 68% A*-B, ALPs 2.
We can offer you:
• An opportunity to develop your teaching career through our extensive CPD programme, whatever your level of experience. Glyn has achieved Investors in People (Silver) status demonstrating our commitment to Continuing Professional Development.
• An opportunity to teach in a well-resourced and highly successful faculty
• Enhanced maternity and sickness entitlement
• Recognition of previous school continuous service
• An opportunity to be part of a collaborative environment within GLF Schools
The successful candidate will need to:
• Be an excellent and creative classroom practitioner
• Be enthusiastic and committed to working as part of a team
• Be passionate about the students’ learning and welfare
• Be keen to be part of the wider school community, participating in extra-curricular clubs
Interview date: Week of April 24, 2017
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website http://www.glynschool.org/ or click 'Apply Now'