An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to support our Offsite Learning provision here at Castleford Academy.
• Support individual pupils to overcome barriers to learning, both inside and outside school, and thereby assist them in achieving their full potential.
• Support the offsite learning provision for pupils at KS4; supporting pupils, liaising with parents/carers and offsite provision.
• Support the teacher to raise of pupil standards and achievements through raising pupils’ esteem, expectations and aspirations.
• Help to identify individual needs with assistance from teaching staff and HOY.
• Encourage pupils to stay safe and be confident, their voice will be listened to if disclosing information of significant harm, including bullying, drugs and child protection issues.
• Develop and maintain positive attitudes in pupils towards the mentoring programme - such as trust and confidence.
• Work with pupils, individually or in groups, out of the classroom on set work enabling them to achieve completion and to submit to their teacher.
• Work with individual pupils, identifying the current barriers to learning, and monitor progress towards set targets.
• Support pupils to evaluate their progress and provide access to learning skills for personal development.
• Act as a role model to pupils and be available to them in unstructured school sessions.
• Support pupils with preparation for life after school i.e interviews
Castleford Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. For all positions at Castleford Academy you are required to complete a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) Enhanced check prior to appointment.
If you are interested in this role now or in the future, please contact Mrs Kelly Baker, HR Manager to arrange a visit.
Providing suitable interest, the closing date for applications is Friday 29th June 2018 at 12 noon with interviews taking place the week after.
Application forms can be downloaded from our website. Completed applications should be addressed to Mr George Panayiotou, Headteacher at the school address or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information on the school, the role and ‘how to apply’ please visit www.castlefordacademy.com or telephone Mrs Kelly Baker, HR Manager on 01977 605075.