Smart Teachers is recruiting for a KS4 Tutor to work with students with social, emotional and mental health needs (SEMH). This role is a permanent position starting in September 2019. The school is located in Hertfordshire, and the students are all in KS4. This a small independent school that specialises in working with SEMH students. We are looking for a KS4 Tutor has some experience working within this field, but we would also consider strong unqualified teaching applicants. The majority of the teaching takes place off site, at a number of different locations including the library and the local parks.
About the Role
• KS4 Tutor
• Full time
• Permanent contract
• September 2019 start
• To work with children aged between 14 and 16
• To assist in mentoring these children, building strong and successful relationships, and to be part of a small but solid team of teaching staff
• This role would be suitable for someone who can drive and has access to a vehicle
• Salary between £17,000 to £19,000 (depending on experience)
About the School
• Small independent specialist school for students with SEMH
• Less than 15 students currently attend this school
• The behaviour at this school is challenging, and the students have a low level of learning
• Lessons taught on a 1:1 basis, and these generally take place off site at a number of publicly accessed locations
• There is a small team of teaching staff at this school, who have excellent relationships with the students. There are no more than 10 staff in total at this school
• Expansion plans are in place, and a new space for learning has been acquired this year
• The school is located in the Hertfordshire area, and it is a 40-minute train journey from central London
In order to be considered for this role, the KS4 Tutor will need to meet the following criteria:
• Proven experience working with students with SEMH
• NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers are welcome to apply
• Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
Interested in Applying?
Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number LXD154040Tutor.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.