We are currently looking to recruit a KS5 English Coordinator to join our dedicated team at Harris Academy Tottenham. A successful candidate will teach and support our vibrant students whiles working in a nurturing and conducive environment. If you are looking for progression and wealth of opportunities in your career, this is the right place for you.
At Harris Academy Tottenham, we instil an ethos of hard work, dedication and commitment to learning, through our Academy values. These are:
- To ENDEAVOUR is to strive for your goals, through maintaining the highest expectations of ourselves.
- To ENJOY is to take delight and pleasure in the learning process; To gain a feeling of success through relentless passion and drive.
- To EXCEL is to achieve your full potential, through mastery of concepts and an ambition to be the best you can be.
At Harris Academy Tottenham, we are innovative, open and collaborative. We would like fellow innovators, passionate pedagogists and creative class leaders to join us during this exciting time. With a dedicated SLT team on hand for support and guidance, there are a multitude of CPD opportunities to thrive on. You can expect to be a part of a fantastic team of dedicated teachers and support staff as well as an attentive, supportive work culture.
Our brand-new facilities allow us to continue expanding our curriculum offer, ensuring students experiences are both varied and enriching. The premises has undergone a comprehensive programme of refurbishment, and reached completion in May 2019. Our new Sports Block opened in May 2019, and has fantastic facilities including a Sports Hall, Activity Studio, Multi Use Game Areas.
Having been recognised as ‘Outstanding’ by OFSTED in June 2017, we are excited to have new members of staff join us in delivering transformative learning experiences. The inspectors commented that ‘learning is the business of the day’ and that sentiment underpins all that we do. Since then, the school continues to grow and strive for the highest standards.
“At our Academy, children will develop their academic scholarship alongside their character; becoming citizens who are a credit to their local community. We provide an extensive extracurricular programme to allow students to develop as a well-rounded person, ready and prepared to embark upon whichever pathway they desire. That is only possible through the partnership that exists between families and colleagues and partners at the academy. We are incredibly proud of the close relationships that develop between colleagues, parents, governors and pupils, and indeed they are central to all that we do.” Dr Lawrence Foley, Executive Principal
Main Areas of Responsibility
The purpose of your role will be:
- To be accountable, alongside the Director of Learning, for student progress and development in the subject area across a specified key stage including meeting student achievement targets for the key stage which are agreed by the Line Manager
- To ensure that the curriculum for the Key Stage 5 in English is varied and personalised, with a rich range of extra-curricular opportunities and activities to supplement the timetabled sessions
- To ensure there are high standards of teaching and learning across Key Stage 5 in English through continuously, developing and enhancing the quality of teaching and learning
- To ensure, alongside the Director of Learning for English, the provision of an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students in Key Stage 5 in English, in accordance with the Academy aims and policies, as determined by the Line Manager, including planning and implementation of any changes to the specification
- To ensure that all Academy policies and procedures are implemented and applied consistently by all staff Key Stage 5 in English
- To actively support the development of literacy, through the WORD strategy, within the subject area, to raise the standards of Literacy across the Academy
- To mentor and coach an ECT or TF colleague to ensure successful achievement of QTS/ ECT status
Qualifications & Experience
- Graduate in relevant subject and DfE recognised Qualified Teacher Status / evidence of successful Training year
- Successful teaching experience at secondary level (can be teaching practice)
- Understanding of theory and practice of effective teaching and learning
- Knowledge of National curriculum requirements at KS3 and KS5
- Understanding of the importance of having high expectations for all students, both of behaviour and academic achievement
- Understanding of inclusive provision and practices which offer equality of access to the curriculum for all students, including special educational needs, English as an additional language and high achievers
- Knowledge and experience of writing lesson plans, developing resources and assessing students work
- Understanding the importance of being a Tutor
Rewards & Benefits
Our people are at the heart of our success. We have developed a strong culture of collaboration and best practice, with professional development and career planning at its centre. We invest in our staff with support, coaching, mentoring, and a wide range of top-quality training programmes delivered at every level to senior leadership.
We look for talented individuals who share our vision for creating exceptional places of learning, and are committed to ensuring that every child in London has access to the best possible education.
In addition to the opportunities for career progression, training and development, we also offer a competitive rewards and benefits package which includes our Harris Allowance, a Performance and Loyalty Bonus, Pension Scheme, a Wellbeing Cash Plan and many other benefits.
The Harris Federation and all our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. Before applying, please review our Policy Statement on the Recruitment of Ex-Offenders.
The Harris Federation is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates.
As a provider of employment and education, we value the diversity of our staff and students, and all our staff are equally valued and respected. We are committed to providing a fair, equitable and mutually supportive learning and working environment for our students and staff.
The academy will endeavour to make any necessary reasonable adjustments to the job and the working environment to enable access to employment opportunities for disabled job applicants or continued employment for any employee who develops a disabling condition (as defined in the Equality Act 2010).
Harris Academy Tottenham opened in September 2014. As an all-through school, it began with a Reception in its Primary phase and a Year 7 in its Secondary phase. These phases are growing by a year group each September until it reaches full capacity an...