Post: Level 3 TA – Communications Teaching Assistant
School: Southey Green Primary School & Nurseries
Start Date:1st September 2019
Salary: Grade 4 - £19, 554 - £21,589 Pro Rata
Hours / Weeks: 37 hours 39 weeks
Southey Green is a large three form entry primary school with two nurseries in north Sheffield (Group Size 4, NOR: 736). Following the OFSTED inspection in March 2016 Southey Green is proud to say that it is a ‘GOOD’ school.
The school is at the heart of its community and in January 2013 became a member of Tapton School Academy Trust. Tapton is an ‘Outstanding’ secondary school in Sheffield and the Academy Trust is rapidly establishing itself within the city.
Membership of the Academy Trust provides a range of opportunities for partnership working and continuing professional development with an outstanding secondary school and a network of primary schools within the locality. We are all working together to establish really effective practice for the benefit of every child.
This post will work from Nursery through to Year 6 specialising in supporting the delivery of Speech and Language intervention. The post holder will have a case load throughout school as identified by school need. The successful candidate will need to be able to show strong evaluative skills and be able to present impact to the Senior Leadership Team.
You will need to:
• Know the difference between Speech and Language.
• Have a detailed understanding of how SLCN can affect a child in school, as well as their families and home life.
• Be flexible and have the ability to adapt a target to the needs of the child.
• Have experience in delivering set interventions (ie. LEAP, VIP, NIP, Attention Autism, Lego Therapy, Curisoity Programme etc.)
• Have experience of working with children with specific SLCN (ie. DLD, Speech Sound Disorders, Language Delay etc.)
• Be able to work as a team and be able to share ideas and experiences with others.
• Be able to learn from other members of staff, receiving training from S&L TA, SENDCo, Phase SENDCo, SALT service and other teaching staff.
• Be enthusiastic in approach and be determined to try and reach targets in whatever way possible.
• Provide feedback to teachers and SENDCo.
• Take own initiative to create resources for children on caseload.
We can offer you:
• Staff with a vision of excellence for the future
• Children who love learning and want to achieve
• A well-resourced and stimulating environment
• A strong emphasis on teamwork
• High quality CPD opportunities
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. Dates available for visits st 3:30pm are:
24th & 25th June 2019
Application forms can be obtained at www.southeygreen.org under the Community/Jobs page.
Completed applications should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not complete a Local Authority Application form for this post.
Further information relevant to this post, including a recruitment pack is available on line via the school website.
Closing date for applications: 27th June 2019
Interviews: 4th & 5th July 2019
Southey Green Primary School and Nurseries is committed to safeguarding and promoting the interests of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
References for short-listed candidates will be requested before the interview.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake a DBS Enhanced Disclosure.