The successful applicant will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- currently hold or be eligible to hold a Paid Employee Positive Notice Blue Card; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
Saint Mary’s Catholic College Kingaroy is seeking an energetic and enthusiastic Science Laboratory Technician to join our supportive team.
You will provide Science teaching staff with high level of assistance and support for classroom activities. This is part time/fixed term position, for 50 hours per fortnight, commences 4 June 2019 through to 20 August 2019.
In this role, you will be required to work autonomously, applying sound judgement and in depth knowledge for the efficient operation of the Science Laboratory. Through your well developed laboratory skills, you will plan and select appropriate equipment, techniques and organise work for students. You will have previous laboratory experience, ideally in a school environment and have great communication and interpersonal skills when interacting with staff and students.
Duties include to:
• work unsupervised in a school science laboratory,
• coordinate the use of scientific equipment, assemble, clean and store laboratory apparatus and equipment and store, handle, prepare and dispose of chemicals used in a school science program,
• apply Workplace Health and Safety standards,
• give some in-class support to teaching staff during practical activities and
• support the ethos of a contemporary Catholic school.
• Tertiary qualifications at Associate Diploma/ Diploma level in Laboratory techniques, technology or services, or equivalent knowledge, qualifications and experience
Applicants are required to address these points in the "letter of application" section of the on-line application form.
Saint Marys Catholic College is a Prep to Year 12 College offering families a co-educational pathway to life-long learning. Kingaroy is situated approximately 2 3/4 hours north-west of Brisbane in the centre of the picturesque South Burnett wine growing region. The College has been proudly serving the families of the South Burnett region since 1990, following the amalgamation of the St Marys Parish Primary and Secondary Schools. It has a current enrolment of approximately 515 students. The College has a master planned school campus environment along with a vision for education in a contemporary world.
Visit our school website here
Estimated Start Date: 4 June 2019
Position Tenure: Fixed Term
Weeks Worked: School term weeks only - holidays unpaid
Tenure Duration (If Fixed Term):
Total Paid Hours (per wk) & Days Required: 50 hours per fortnight
Salary Level, Range or Hourly Rate: Level 5 Step 1 - $63,287
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement 2015-2019
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Contact Person: Mrs Angela Myles
Contact Telephone Number: 07 4160 0900
Contact Email: email@example.com
Statement of Principles - Schools Opens in new window