Start Date: September 2019
Range: MPS, Full Time
This role involves working between two of our 'outsanding' primary schools, Pimlico Primary and Millbank Academy. The schools are situated in the heart of beautiful Westminster, a 5 minute walk apart, and have very welcoming communities. They share the Trust’s innovative, subject specific curriculum and commitment to excellence in all areas of school life.
As part of the Future Academies Trust, our schools benefit from a shared Curriculum Centre and a teacher training centre (SCITT), which are invaluable for staff CPD. We believe that a knowledge-led curriculum is the best means to transform pupil outcomes.
We are looking for a Latin teacher, with the vision, intellect and drive to motivate and enthuse our pupils. In subsequent years, as the school expands, there is the potential to specialise in just one of these subjects. We value classics very highly and have in-depth curriculum resources for you to use, with the support of our Curriculum Centre.
We also welcome applications from secondary teachers and from unqualified applicants, if they are knowledgeable in their field.
We can offer you:
- Excellent career advancement and continuing professional development opportunities, including our own leadership programme.
- The time and support needed to focus entirely on the teaching of Latin across KS2.
- A warm, welcoming environment, with an enthusiastic, knowledgeable and committed team.
- Excellent transport links and the opportunity to work in the heart of London.
- Happy, polite and engaged children with great enthusiasm for learning
We are looking for someone who is:
- Passionate and knowledgeable about Latin.
- Accurate in his/her use of spoken and written English grammar.
- An outstanding teacher who is committed to a rigorous, knowledge-led curriculum, and able to deliver it innovatively and excitingly
- Committed to nurturing strong and open relationships with staff, pupils and families to raise aspiration and improve achievement
- Committed to promoting a knowledge-led curriculum as the means to transform outcomes for pupils
Applications from NQTs and experienced teachers, including secondary trained practitioners, are welcomed.
Please note that Future Academies reserves the right to appoint at any stage during the recruitment process.
To apply: Please complete an application form.
Tour of the schools: We welcome interested candidates to visit Pimlico Primary and/or Millbank Academy to see first-hand our vision and ethos in action, and answer any questions you may have.
Future Academies is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all members of staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
An Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check is required for this post.
Tel: 0207 802 1909