Law and Criminology Teacher
Salary: Up to £35,123 per annum depending on experience
Closing Date – Tuesday 3rd December 2019
Interview Date – TBC
Nelson and Colne College, an Outstanding education provider with excellent facilities and unparalleled staff benefits, are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic Law and Criminology Teacher to join their Business, Languages & Humanities team on a full-time, permanent basis.
The successful candidate will be an outstanding leader, focused on student progress and supporting students into high quality educational and work based destinations.
The ideal candidate will also have knowledge/experience of delivering BTEC programmes, in particular BTEC Law.
Main duties include:
• Teach A Level and BTEC Law and Diploma in Criminology, delivering effective learning for students
• Be up to date, plan and prepare and high quality teaching as required by your Line Manager to the appropriate number of hours (810 hrs per annum)
• Develop and share resources for the course/subject including maintaining effective links across College for resources
• Deliver enrichment and enhancement activities
• Maintain comprehensive, up to date, student/course/subject records and provide information, as requested
The ideal candidate will have:
• A degree in a relevant subject area or appropriate professional qualification
• A recognised teaching qualification or a willingness to achieve this within three years of appointment
• A higher degree or advanced qualification (desirable)
• Successful teaching experience in a relevant subject area
• Knowledge of and proven ability to deliver the curriculum successfully
• Demonstrate a student centred approach to teaching and learning
How to apply:
If you are interested in this post and would like to find out more, please visit our website and complete an online application form.
Please note: All of our posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check due to working with vulnerable adults and children. Should you wish to discuss this further, please get in touch with the HR team.