The St Oscar Romero Hub includes Christ The King Voluntary Academy and its feeder schools– The Good Shepherd in Woodthorpe, Sacred Heart in Carlton, Holy Cross in Hucknall and St Margaret Clitherow in Bestwood.
Contract Type: full time
Contract Term: permanent
Salary: Band 5 – starting salary £25,481
Start date: October 2021
Closing date: 9.00am, Monday 20 September 2021
Interview date: TBC
We are seeking an enthusiastic, energetic faith leader with a passion for working with children and young people and in helping them to explore and engage with their faith.
The successful applicant will support the Catholic Life and Collective Worship of each of the school communities. He or she will report directly to the Headteachers of each of the schools and will work with and be supported by the Lead Lay Chaplain of the Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust in fulfilling the Trust’s vision for lay chaplaincy provision.
Candidates must hold a full valid UK driving licence and access to own vehicle to travel between schools.
This is a reserved post which means that applicants must be practising a Catholic with a strong faith commitment. Please consult the document produced by the Diocese of Nottingham ‘Catholic Schools and the Definition of a Practicing Catholic’ for further information.
We can offer:
• wonderful students who have a passion for learning and deserve the very best
• a team of talented and highly committed staff
• a supportive working environment with excellent facilities
• professional assistance through our Employee Assistance Programme
• our commitment to nationally agreed terms and conditions.
• a commitment to outstanding CPD opportunities for all staff
For an informal discussion about the role and our schools please contact Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust directly. Lead Lay Chaplain, Marsha Kemple (Working days Mon, Tues and Fridays), firstname.lastname@example.org
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check and other pre-employment checks are required for successful applicants.
We value equality and diversity and welcome applications from all sectors of the community who are supportive of the school’s Catholic character and Christian ethos.
About Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust
Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust brings together the 21 Catholic Primary and Secondary schools in Nottingham City and Nottinghamshire. Our priority is to ensure the very best Catholic Education for all young people in our community, whatever their circumstances. We will achieve this together, through a strategic approach to sharing best practice, effective challenge and support from a central standards and performance team and opportunities for high quality Continuing Professional Development offered by the CMAT’s CPD Hub.
Why work for the Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust?
• Access to first class CPD opportunities.
• Genuine opportunities for career progression - with 21 academies in our family, and 84 academies across the Diocese, opportunities for career progression are a reality.
• Professional assistance - you will have access to an Employee Assistance Programme which provides confidential, independent and unbiased information and guidance 24/7. If clinically advisable, it also offers face-to-face counselling sessions.
• Pension - automatic enrolment into the Teachers’ Pension Scheme with 23.68% employer contributions, or to the Local Government Pension Scheme for support staff, one of the most competitive on the market, with employer contributions of above 20% in most cases.
• Terms and Conditions - we have committed to following nationally agreed terms and conditions for pay for both teachers and support staff.
For more information about our Trust and our vacancies, please visit www.ololcatholicmat.co.uk/vacancies
Follow us on Twitter: @OLOLCatholicMAT
Connect with us on LinkedIn
Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust
- English secondary schools