We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and highly motivated LDD Tutor to join this diverse role at HMP/YOI Bronzefield. Your role will be to support our residents who can have a multitude of complex needs who need assessment and support during their time here.
The focus of the department is to provide education opportunities that will enable the prisoners to gain skills and competences that will assist them to return into the community without re-offending. If you hold a full teaching qualification, a recognised Level 3 qualification or above in an identified subject and professional experience focusing on a particular learning difficulty, such as dyslexia or autism, this could be a great opportunity for you.
Awarded a bronze accreditation by Investors in People, HMP YOI Bronzefield focuses on providing needs-based services and programmes aimed at rehabilitating and maintaining the well-being of prisoners. HMP YOI Bronzefield is an all-female prison that can hold up to 542 women. Working in a prison might not be what you think. We have a huge range of roles in a dynamic, unique, exciting, challenging but very rewarding environment. We aim to reduce reoffending and rehabilitate, changing lives for the better.
Sodexo Justice delivers custodial and community rehabilitation services that challenge offending behaviour, protect the public and offer individuals the opportunity to change their lives for the better. We deliver the total operation of five prisons within England, Scotland and Wales and own six Community Rehabilitation Companies in partnership with crime reduction charity Nacro.
- Working with individuals who may have physical disabilities, sensory impairments (ie visual or hearing), speech and language difficulties, learning difficulties such as dyslexia, conditions such as autism, social, emotional and mental needs or have a combination of these difficulties
- Ensure that all learners, including those with special or additional are able to access education and the whole curriculum
- Have a strategic overview of SEN and inclusion throughout the prison including planning, policy writing, advising and supporting other staff. This will also include the writing of provision maps for individuals/groups of learners
- Identify learners’ individual needs with SEN and being responsible for creating a safe, stimulating and supportive learning environment
- Initiate and carry out assessments and prepare and manage the assessment paperwork
**See below for full job description**
The Ideal Candidate
- Full teaching qualification (Minimum of CTLLS) or PGCE
- Previous qualified teaching experience
- A good understanding of the Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) code of practice
- Recognised Level 3 qualification or above in an identified subject and professional experience focusing on a particular learning difficulty, such as dyslexia or autism
- Have an interest in the rehabilitation and resettlement of offenders
- Have an ability to communicate effectively at all times through different mediums, including spoken and written communication
- Ability to manage confrontation and challenging behaviour
- Patience, understanding and empathy with learners
- Experience of working in a custodial environment
Salary £24,119.74- £31,600 per annum + London weighting (£3,453 per annum)
The role will be based within the prison at HMP Bronzefield, Woodthorpe Road, Staines, Middlesex, TW15 3JZ.
For more information on Sodexo Careers please visit Careers in Justice
What we offer
- season ticket loans
- CPD throughout your employment
- free meals
- free parking
- subsidised gym membership
- group discount schemes
- 28 days holiday
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs around 30,000 people, and partners with clients in many sectors across business and industry; schools and universities; sports and leisure; energy and resources; government and agencies; healthcare; justice and defence.
Sodexo’s connected; people-centric approach brings together a diverse range of expertise. The breadth of services it offers ranges from food and hospitality; cleaning; reception; concierge (Circles); security; property management and technical services through to data driven workplace strategy and design (Wx); employee engagement and recognition services (Sodexo Engage) and personal home services through Prestige Nursing + Care and the Good Care Group.
Vital Spaces is Sodexo’s value proposition that puts people at the heart of everything we do, bringing together services and solutions and focusing on the productivity and wellbeing of people wherever they are.
Sodexo is committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
Please note all roles within Sodexo Justice are subject to security and recruitment checks which may include a Social Media Check. You will also be asked to provide 5 years’ worth of references and request employment history details from the HMRC.
Sodexo UK HMP Bronzefield