Lead Construction Instructor
Are you a qualified within construction / DT?
Are you looking for an exciting challenging instructor role?
This is an exciting opportunity to make a real difference within an Alternative Provision School for young people, many of whom have found it difficult to be successful in a mainstream school.
This is an excellent opportunity for an inspirational instructor who has the vision and drive to make a significant impact on our school
For this Construction Instructor role, you will:
- Instruct and tutor classes in areas to include woodworking, machine operating, paint & decorating and as designated within an agreed framework of syllabus, styles and procedures
- Set appropriate learning targets for students which are based on current data and which are both shared with the students and used in continuous assessment
- Ensure that instructing and learning is appropriately differentiated, challenging, varied and appropriately paced
- Direct the work and allocate tasks to subject support staff working with your class or students in accordance with the agreed learning stage schedules and schemes of work
- Maintain construction stores and equipment and stocks to ensure that all equipment and stock is adequately logged, monitored and maintained so that it is available for issue, use and return as required.
- Be responsible for arranging and submitting examination data.
- Use construction skills to develop and mentor young people in a positive way.
Further details are available at : http://www.educationpartnershiptrust.org/vacancies/
Closing date for completed applications is: Friday 18th May 2018 at 5pm
Interviews are scheduled to take place on 24th May 2018
‘The Heights is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of Children and young people’
Please note successful applicants will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check.