Support, nurture, inspire, empower.
Our students are seeking an inspiring, creative and empathetic education professional to join our team as the Lead English Teacher. In this role you will lead a team of teachers to deliver high quality teaching; supporting colleagues to develop their practice.
On Track Education Silverstone is a 40 place, independent special school for pupils aged 11 to 19 who have a range of social, emotional and mental health difficulties. We support pupils to fulfil their potential by, giving them unconditional support; providing them with good quality teaching; empowering them to effectively manage their own behaviour.
The school, at its old site in Silsoe, was judged to be ‘Good’ by Ofsted in 2017. Our extensive school premises offer excellent facilities for academic, artistic, vocational and outdoor learning. The school delivers a motivational and progressive curriculum underpinned by the therapeutic principles of THRIVE®.
We would like someone to start as soon as possible but would be willing to wait for a September start for the right candidate.
• Design and Implement an effective and enjoyable English curriculum which enables and encourages all pupils to make good progress and achieve their potential
• Continually develop a progressive English curriculum and cross-curricular opportunities across the school
• Drive forward the school’s literacy and English programmes
• Support other staff to deliver high quality English lessons
• Fully embed Accelerated Reader across the school developing a whole school passion for reading
• Qualified and experienced Teacher of English (QTS or PGCE)
• A passion for working with pupils with SEN and a range of emotional and behavioural difficulties
• The ability to deliver lessons that are informative, interesting and inspiring
• A dedication to positive behaviour management
• Committed to continual professional development
Why work for On Track?
• Our holistic approach to education with a focus on emotional and social development
• The opportunity to make a positive difference to the lives of children who may have be educationally overlooked
• To work as part of a dedicated and supportive team
On Track Education Services is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants will be subject to a full Disclosure And Barring Service check before appointment is confirmed.
We are an Equal Opportunities organisation, totally Committed 2 Equality.
Salary £30,370 - £35,585 dependent on qualifications and experience
On Track Education Silverstone
- Special needs with independent funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 19 years