Are you interested in joining a Trust with a commitment to making the difference to children and young people?
Do you have an interest in school improvement, leadership capacity building, high quality education and ensuring schools can be the best they can be through effective leadership, teaching, learning, organisation, high expectations and by having a clear vision?
We are looking to recruit an experienced, dynamic and with a strong understanding of school improvement and excellent organisational and interpersonal skills. In this role you will be a key part of a small but growing and friendly central MAT team, and have the opportunity to make a difference to the education of children and young people in our 7 diverse schools, as well as in any future schools which may join the Orchard Community Trust. You will help to support and improve the education of over 2,500 pupils/students and over 500 members of staff.
In return, we can offer you the opportunity to join a family of schools who are committed to providing high quality education within our ethos, culture and values. We truly believe our staff are our greatest asset in delivering that vision, and we are looking for an exceptional and motivated individual to join our central team.
The core purpose of the role is:
- To drive school improvement by leading on effective trust-wide and individual school-based school improvement and/or teaching and learning strategies.
- To work collaboratively to support Headteachers and Leadership teams to accurately, evaluate the quality of teaching and learning. To derive and implement appropriate support and challenge packages that lead to improved, high quality performance.
- To model best practice as an outstanding leader, sharing this across the schools to support further improvement and development.
- To link with the SEL to ensure consistency in school improvement across the Trust.
- To devise, provide and deliver a range of effective , tailored and bespoke CPD programmes and training packages to schools to support school improvement and build capacity.
- To use effective coaching strategies and techniques to support school leaders and teachers to self-improve and build their capacity to lead and/or teach effectively.
- To provide school improvement capacity in partnership with our highly skilled school leaders to enable the OCT to expand the number of schools it has in the MAT.
- To advise, support and appropriately challenge the OCT school and enable them to be judged as at least good at their next OfSTED inspection.
Hours of work can be flexible to meet the needs of the MAT, Trust and post holder. Evening work is to be expected with this post and the post holder is expected to manage their hours accordingly.
We aim to appoint the post holder on Teachers Pay and Conditions.
To find out more, please visit our website http://www.orchardct.org.uk/vacancies where you can download a candidate information pack and an application form.
Interested candidates are invited to contact Rob Johnstone, Senior Executive Leader, to arrange an informal discussion. Email email@example.com
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. All posts are subject to an enhanced criminal records check via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). Please see our Safeguarding and Child Protection policy on the Orchard Community Trust website http://www.orchardct.org.uk
Orchard Community Trust
- English primary schools