Salary: Main / Upper plus TLR 2C
Contract type: Full time, 32.5 hours per week
Start Date: ASAP / September 2021
We wish to appoint an outstanding Lead of History who is committed to ensuring pupil enjoyment and progress within our highly successful Humanities department.
The position offers the opportunity for an experienced or newly qualified Lead in History to join an established and hardworking team.
This is an outstanding school who pride themselves on the high expectations of all learners. This creates a calm learning environment where teachers can teach and students can learn. They offer a highly supportive environment and are committed to ensuring outstanding teaching, behaviour and achievement.
We believe the following qualities are essential in the successful applicant:
• Outstanding subject knowledge with an ability to share this with pupils in an exciting and academically rigorous way
• Is an excellent classroom practitioner with strong subject knowledge
• Demonstrates ambitious standards and has high expectations for all pupils ensuring that there is a robust curriculum and assessment framework underpinned by a strong extra-curricular provision.
• Has a record of raising standards
• Has excellent organisation skills
• Can drive forward strategic priorities and translate these into practical actions.
• Demonstrates professionalism consistent with the Schools values: aspirational, collaborative, inclusive, innovative and responsible underpinned with a high degree of emotional intelligence.
• The ability to gain trust and respect of school staff, pupils and parents
• Excellent leadership and management skills
• Outstanding communication skills, both orally and written
• Well organised and reliable
• Good knowledge of current issues relating to Teaching and Learning
• Ability to work under pressure
• Loyalty and commitment to the team
• Enthusiastic and able to bring new ideas to the school and department
• A real commitment to developing History across the curriculum
• An awareness in current developments in History teaching
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The posts are subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Completed applications should be sent to Fahyia Uddin (Fahyia.email@example.com) no later than 07.30 on Monday 12th April 2021. Successful candidates will be notified if they have been shortlisted for interview.
Please be advised that we are unable to accept CVs for any position within the schools. Each advert will include the relevant application form for the position. Please only submit completed application forms when applying for positions within our Catholic School Collaborative.
St Patrick's RC High School and Arts College
- Mainstream school with state - voluntary aided funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years
St Patrick’s RC High School and Arts College is a mixed, comprehensive, Roman Catholic school without sixth form situated in Eccles, Salford. It is a voluntary aided state school that operates under the Diocese of Salford. The school will provide 900...