Outstanding Lead in PE needed for an exceptional Academy!
Do you want to work in a “good school”… with “outstanding leadership and management at all levels”?
Are you looking for a school where “There is a strong, aspirational and supportive ‘family’ culture of teams”, “where commitment to learning and development is high”
Investors in People GOLD AWARD 2014
We are seeking to appoint a dynamic, pioneering and entrepreneurial leader to work at our academy who will be a part of strong middle leadership team, supported through strong systems of professional development. The right candidate will demonstrate a commitment to maintaining the high standards set within The Petchey Academy.
Physical Education at The Petchey Academy is linked strongly to our specialism and is therefore a high profile subject area with a strong and energetic team of teachers. The academy has invested in top of the range sporting facilities which include a new 3G pitch, state of the art fitness suite, climbing wall, MUGA, athletics facilities including long jump and shot put and a purpose built dance studio and sports facilities.
PE continues to be a popular subject choice at KS4 due to constant innovation in our KS3 curriculum and broad range of engaging lessons and sports covered across all year groups. We also run BTEC/ A Level and the Sports Academy programmes at KS5.
This post represents a superb career opportunity for a motivated professional who wants to challenge and engage pupils across the full 11-18 age range, who has a passion for designing an innovative and creative curriculum.
The successful candidate will have:
· Qualified Teacher Status, with a proven track record of successful attainment of KS4 and KS5.
· You will be an excellent, enthusiastic and experienced classroom practitioner with the ability to Lead PE across all Key Stages.
· The ability to motivate pupils to achieve excellent examination results, and raise participation.
· The ability to enthuse and inspire students with a love of PE and desire to embrace the core aims of the academy in regards to healthy living.
· The desire to work collaboratively as part of a large and demanding team.
· Be keen to drive the development of related extra-curricular activities and partnerships, especially but not limited to our core sports such as; in rugby, sports athletics and table tennis
· Enjoy working in a challenging but highly rewarding environment and be flexible in response to the day-today requirements of a large, busy academy.
The Petchey Academy, under the patronage of Jack Petchey is dedicated to enabling young people to aspire and succeed. We have adopted his motto and encourage our students to truly believe “If I think I can….I can!”
If you are seeking a challenging and rewarding position, enriching the lives of the students who attend The Petchey Academy, then we are keen to hear from you.
TPA is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All successful applicants will be requested to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.