LEAD MIDDAY SUPERVISOR
12.5 hours per week, term time only
(Hours of work: Monday to Friday 11:15am to 1:45pm)
Scale 3 point 14 - £5,855 (actual pro rata’d salary per annum)
Lister is embarking on an exciting stage of developing its lunchtime service for the school and we are seeking a dynamic and professional person to join us in our aim for excellence in all areas.
We are seeking to appoint a confident and committed Lead Midday Supervisor with experience of providing lunchtime supervision to children. The postholder will:
● Assist with orderly supervision of the school during lunchtime, upholding the school’s Behaviour and Safeguarding policies.
● Ensure orderly and responsible behaviour at all times in the dining room, lunch queues, playground and school buildings.
● Support and welcome students and have positive interactions with them.
● Supervise the work of a team of midday supervisors
This is a unique opportunity to join a developing team, striving to create an excellent comprehensive school.
The ideal candidate will:
● have experience of managing a small team in a fast paced environment
● have a clear understanding of their roles and responsibilities
● have excellent communication skills
● be skilled at supervising students and establishing a constructive, safe and ordered atmosphere in the dining hall and playground
If you think you have the potential to work as an outstanding Lead Midday Supervisor then an application form can be downloaded directly from our school’s website at: http://www.lister.newham.sch.uk/vacancies/ or by contacting Jackie Young (HR Manager) on 020 8471 3311.
Completed applications must be returned to the school at the above address, or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate which post you wish to be considered for on the application form.
Applications are required by: 11:59 pm on Sunday, 15th July 2018
Interviews: Tuesday, 17th July 2018
We will acknowledge receipt of all application forms. If you do not receive acknowledgement, please do not assume that your application has been received. Due to high volume of applicants, we will only contact those candidates who have been selected to progress to the next stage of the process.
Lister Community School is a large, 11-16 comprehensive school. We are a mixed school that was judged ‘Good’ by Ofsted in 2013 and has just celebrated its 7th consecutive year of record breaking exam results. We are determined to build on our most recent Ofsted judgement and continue our journey to becoming ‘Outstanding’ in the next two years. Our motto is “always aiming for excellence’. An exceptional school: Our vision is a world class education for young people in Newham.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. This appointment will be conditional on successful pre-employment and enhanced DBS checks.