Main purpose of the post:
To provide strong leadership for the exceptional provision and outcomes at One Degree Academy
To uphold One Degree Academy’s STRIVE values:
S - Scholarship: Post holder will have a commitment to the idea that all young people, regardless of starting point, need or complexity can make outstanding progress, achieve 4 good A-levels, and gain a place at a Russell Group University.
T - Teamwork: Post holder will be committed to working with others to overcome difficulties. They will embody the idea that when one of us succeeds, we all do.
R - Responsibility: Post holder will be committed to instilling a sense of social responsibility in students and staff: we ‘give back’ to our immediate, local, national and global communities.
I - Integrity: Post holder will be committed to openness and honesty with the One Degree community in all aspects of their work and will encourage the same in others. They will be passionate about instilling these values in our students and staff.
V - Value: Post holder will work hard to promote the idea that our actions should add value to the world. They will work tirelessly to help students add their voices to the conversation of humankind. Post holder will see all students as valuable, regardless of complexity, need or starting point.
E - Effort: Post holder will be determined, hardworking and relentless in achieving the vision and instilling the values in our school. They will promote the idea that achievement comes step by step.
Strategic direction and development of the school
• To develop the overall direction of the academy
• To keep up to date with current issues in teaching and learning and in school improvement, and to share this with staff.
• To work in partnership with the Principal and other members of the leadership team in the cycle of planning, implementation, review and evaluation of the Academy Development Plan.
• To monitor and evaluate the impact of the policies, practices, targets and priorities in the academy, identifying developments needed and working with the Principal and leadership team to achieve them.
• To contribute to the setting of highly ambitious targets for pupils and staff, and to be accountable in their delivery.
Teaching, Learning and Assessment
• To be an outstanding role model for all staff in all aspects of classroom practice and to lead by example to raise standards of teaching and learning.
• To teach pupils across Primary as needed
• To play a major role in the development of high quality teaching, learning and assessment, in particular through coaching and training.
• To lead the team in the creation and delivery of a rigorous curriculum.
• To help to ensure that all the students are able to learn and make exceptional progress.
• To ensure that assessment and moderation processes lead to excellent learning for students, and meet all statutory and other requirements.
• To seek ways of sharing good practice and to ensure dialogue about teaching and learning amongst academy staff.
• To ensure curricular policy development is focussed on continuous improvement.
• To rigorously monitor the impact of improvement strategies and refine as appropriate.
Leadership and Management
• To share in and support the leadership of the academy and to bring out the potential for leadership in others.
• To challenge and support others in developing professionally, both formally and informally.
• To act as a coach and/or line manager to staff where appropriate and to organise induction.
• To help lead the academy through external accreditations where appropriate.
• To ensure own continuing professional development including attending training opportunities.
• To organise the day to day running of classes including the efficient management of academy resources.
• To organise and lead INSET and workshops for teachers or parents/guardians as appropriate.
• To be able to stimulate students and colleagues through a positive, active and supportive attitude.
• To organise opportunities for pupils, and to lead assemblies where appropriate.
• To help promote and safeguard the welfare of all students.
• To promote self-discipline, high standards of behaviour and positive attitudes on the part of all students and to implement policies and procedures to foster them.
• To ensure that a high standard of care and good order for all students is maintained through the development and implementation of behaviour systems.
Communication and Community Links
• To fully support the life and work of the academy.
• To develop and maintain positive and effective professional relationships with colleagues, parents, the local community and Governors.
• To provide information to the Governing Body to enable it to meet its responsibilities.
• To ensure that parents and pupils are well informed about the curriculum, attainment and progress and are able to understand and contribute to targets for improvement.
• Undertake and when required, deliver or be part of the appraisal system and relevant training and professional development.
• Undertake other various responsibilities as directed by the Principal.
• Plan and lead after school clubs on a regular basis.
• Support the academy’s values and ethos by contributing to the development and implementation of policies practices and procedures.
• Help create a strong academy community, characterised by consistent, orderly behaviour and caring, respectful relationships.
• Help develop an academy culture and ethos that is utterly committed to achievement.
• To be active in issues of student welfare and support.
• Support and work in collaboration with colleagues and other professional in and beyond the academy, covering lessons and providing other support as required.
This document is considered to provide an outline of the areas that this role involves. This document does not preclude the post holder developing systems and structures not specifically mentioned but related to his/her broad areas of responsibility. The roles outlined above are indicative and do not preclude anything else which may be reasonably requested commensurate with the post held and duties undertaken.
If you would like to apply for the post then an application pack can be downloaded directly from our website.
Completed applications should be e-mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for the receipt of completed applications is Monday 20th May 2019 at 12:00pm
Interviews will be held week commencing 20th May 2019
Early Applications encouraged – We will process all applications on a rolling basis.
We love welcoming visitors to One Degree Academy. If you would like to arrange a visit to the Academy or should you wish to obtain further information regarding the Academy or the advertised post, please e-mail the Principal, Aidan Sadgrove at email@example.com