English - Lead Practitioner
Salary range: £39,374 - £42,378 per annum
Full time post with 60% teaching commitment
Various start dates throughout 2018 depending on availability of successful candidate
This is an exceptional opportunity to provide leadership in this high achieving and ambitious trust.
This is a new post, created at a time of expansion. Downham Market Academy has recently joined the high achieving Cambridge Educational Trust.
The trust strongly believes continuing professional development is at the heart of excellent teaching and high standards and has an outstanding programme open to all members of staff, offering tailored CPD to staff at all stages of their careers.
We are looking to appoint a passionate and inspiring practitioner who will help build the success of the English Department at Downham Market and help lead and develop an innovative curriculum that will allow students to achieve their best possible outcomes. As the trust continues to grow there will be opportunities to take on key roles within the trust, developing English across the schools within it.
We welcome applications from both recently qualified teachers who are ambitious and are looking to take the first steps into leadership, and more experienced practitioners looking for their next challenge.
During our expansion we will always be keen to hear from outstanding practitioners, at all levels of experience, who are interested in joining our team. The exact nature of the responsibility will be discussed at interview and is intended to build on the successful candidate’s strengths and areas of interest.
The successful candidate will be:
· exemplary and inspiring in their teaching and be able to lead colleagues to do likewise;
· highly organised, motivational and flexible;
· an inclusive individual, with high expectations of all students, who is committed to all pupils reaching their full potential;
· reflective in classroom and leadership practice;
· dedicated to raising standards and working in partnership with others;
· have high expectations of themselves and others;
· be a good communicator with excellent interpersonal skills;
· have excellent subject knowledge;
· be flexible and a good team player.
Downham Market Academy uses safe recruitment procedures to ensure the welfare of children. All applicants are required to complete an Enhanced DBS check and only applications submitted on our application form will be considered.