Due to the success of our school we are again oversubscribed and seeking to increase staffing numbers. The Governors of Bridlington School, ranked amongst the top 12% of schools in the country and one of the top performing schools in Yorkshire and The Humber for Progress 8, are seeking a well-qualified, enthusiastic and committed Lead Practitioner to join our successful English department from September 2018. The school is located within an easy commutable distance from Hull, York and Scarborough.
You will be responsible for:
- co-ordinating staff development and CPD in English
- contributing to the development of teaching and learning and CPD across the school
- developing the use of coaching/mentoring techniques and styles to develop teaching practices for all teaching staff
- engaging in professional dialogue with specific colleagues which emphasises improvements in teaching and learning and highlights areas for development, resulting in a positive impact on student learning
- promoting the use of effective Assessment for Learning (AfL) techniques including teacher questioning and dialogue to improve teaching and deepen learning.
Appointment is subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
Application pack available from Jan Elmhirst,
Advert No: BSSC001308.
Closing Date: 12 noon 19 April 2018.
Interview Date: w/c 23 April 2018 - if you have not heard from the school by this date please assume your application has been unsuccessful.
East Riding of Yorkshire Council is pursuing equality of opportunity in employment and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults.