Hampton College Eagle Way, Hampton Vale, Peterborough, PE7 8BF.
Hampton College is an established, successful, all-through school, which formed its own multi-academy trust in 2014. The Trust is also the education provider for the new neighbouring secondary school, Hampton Gardens. The two schools have very close links and some shared staff. Hampton College currently serves the community of Hampton, on the southern outskirts of the city of Peterborough and has good links to Cambridge and Stamford. Hampton Gardens School serves the neighbouring Cambridgeshire village of Yaxley, as well new housing being added to the Hampton East development
Required January 2018
LEAD PRACTITIONER FOR MATHEMATICS
L5 – L7
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding Lead Practitioner for Mathematics. This is an exciting opportunity for an inspirational teacher to join this successful and popular school.
• To deliver engaging and motivating lessons to students across all Key Stages;
• To take a lead role, working closely with the Mathematics team in developing, implementing and evaluating policies and practice that lead to school improvement
• To develop and implement Teaching and Learning initiatives and strategies throughout the Mathematics department and school, which raise the teaching practice of all members of staff and therefore raise student standards and progress.
• To undertake research into best practice in other schools
• To research and evaluate innovative curricular practices and draw on research outcomes and other sources of external evidence to inform own practice and that of colleagues
• To develop high quality teaching materials and schemes of learning
• In a school where innovation and experimentation are encouraged and teachers are excited about what they do
For further details and a Recruitment Pack see the school website – www.hamptoncollege.org.uk
Closing date: 9.00am Monday 16 October 2017
Hampton Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undergo an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). Applicants will be asked to complete a Disqualification by Association Declaration when invited to interview if they will work in early years provision or in later years provision for children who have not yet attained the age of 8 or if their role is directly concerned in the management of such early or later years provision.