We are looking for an inspirational teacher with vision, tenacity, optimism, strong interpersonal skills as well as a proven ability to motivate and lead change. We are seeking candidates who are interested in working in a progressive team that prioritises collaborative approaches to raising standards. The successful candidate will support the further improvement in the teaching and learning of IT and play a key role in helping improve student progress across the Academy.
George Dixon has achieved Academy status due to the exceptional rise in academic performance as recognised by the Department of Education; and was given the judgement of Good in all categories by Ofsted in March 2017.
You will be joining a lead Practitioner Team that is striving to be outstanding. We will provide excellent opportunities for career development. All staff are provided with a laptop.
The successful candidate will:
- Raise achievement through motivating, challenging and inspiring our students;
- Have a commitment to inclusion;
- Help foster a culture of high expectations and achievement within the department;
- Have drive, enthusiasm, resilience, warmth and humour;
- Have opportunities to contribute to the wider life and ethos of the Academy (e.g. The Duke of Edinburgh Award)
We can offer you:
- The opportunity to join a supportive staff and work with well-motivated students;
- An innovative curriculum;
- The opportunity to join an aspiring academy with exciting plans for the future;
- A data rich environment focused on raising standards.
Visits to the academy are not currently possible, however, should you wish to discuss this role further, please contact Mrs Kathy Hull, Assistant Head, email@example.com
For a full job description, person specification and application pack, please contact Paul Hunt at Hays Education on
Closing date for applications: 9am on Monday 19th April 2021.
To formally apply for this position, you must complete the academy application form and supply a letter of application. Your letter of application must address the following three questions:
1. What previous experience has prepared you to become a Lead Practitioner? (Maximum 400 words)
2. The most effective way to judge teaching standards is by lesson observation. Please comment on the merits of this statement. (Maximum 400 words)
3. What will be your key achievements after 100 days in post? (Maximum 400 words)
George Dixon Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.
George Dixon Academy is an equal opportunity employer.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
George Dixon Academy