LEAD PRACTITIONER in GEOGRAPHY
Leadership Scale L4 – L8
Required to start: September 2019/January 2020
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, outstanding and innovative professional to become part of the Geography/Humanities Faculty. GCSE Geography is a popular option subject with our pupils. You will be committed to achieving high standards of teaching and learning through the delivery of interesting and innovative lessons that will inspire, develop and foster independence in our pupils. The Geography Department is a creative, forward thinking and supportive department committed to raising standards. We also offer a range of extra-curricular activities to enrich the educational experience of our pupils.
The successful applicant will:
• Be an outstanding classroom practitioner; committed to achieving and sustaining high standards of Learning and Teaching.
• Have a rigorous and inventive approach to the delivery of Geography across both KS3 and KS4 and be enthusiastic about the subject with the ability to inspire our students.
• Have outstanding classroom management skills, high expectations and a commitment to the best possible outcomes for all students.
• Demonstrate the ability and previous experience in driving initiatives with quantifiable, positive impact on the outcomes for students.
• Be highly motivated and self-driven with the ability to work with other, high achieving professionals.
• Promote collaborative working and demonstrate the ability to lead learning in the classroom effectively.
We can offer you:
• A happy, welcoming environment where children enjoy coming to school to learn
• Friendly, supportive and enthusiastic staff
• Excellent opportunities to further develop your skills
A full and comprehensive induction programme is followed for all new staff.
Emerson Park is a successful and oversubscribed 11-16 Specialist Sports College in the London Borough of Havering. We are set in pleasant surroundings on the edge of the green belt with close proximity to both countryside and central London. We are fortunate to benefit from talented and hardworking staff, supportive parents and committed Governors and enthusiastic students. The academy has a traditional ethos and enjoys a good reputation in the area.
Applications can be submitted online by visiting www.haveringschools.jobs and locating this vacancy. If you wish to discuss the position or arrange a visit to the school please contact the Head’s PA, Mrs Beney. Closing date for applications is Wednesday, 22nd May 2019.