The Derby High School in Bury, Greater Manchester, is seeking to appoint a Lead Practitioner in Mathematics. This new role is an exciting opportunity for an exceptional teacher who is passionately committed to developing the quality of teaching and learning in Mathematics.
The salary for this post is Leadership range L6 to L10 £44,544 to £49,199 per annum. The starting point to be negotiated with the successful candidate.
The Derby High School is an over-subscribed 11-16 Co-Educational School situated in the heart of Bury, Greater Manchester. Year on year our students make exceptional progress and we are currently the highest performing school in Bury for Progress 8. We are an inclusive school serving a diverse student population who are a joy to be around. The leadership of the school at every level is a key strength and this was recognised by Ofsted in our most recent inspection. We boast a talented staff with a commitment to delivering the highest standards and who are overwhelmingly proud to belong to the school. All who visit The Derby High School are impressed by the warm and welcoming environment that we work in.
We are currently on an exciting journey to develop our school into a truly great place for all to learn, regardless of their ability or background. Delivering a high quality Mathematics curriculum is essential if we are to realise our vision. We aspire to be a beacon for practice in Mathematics education and as such we are seeking an inspirational Mathematics teacher to lead developments in teaching and learning in our school.
We believe that The Derby High School is a great place to work. This post offers you the opportunity to work in/with:
- A successful school with a strong will and determination to continue to improve
- A school that has high expectations of all who work here
- A school that places teaching and learning at the heart of school improvement
- A school that works effectively with all stakeholders
- A school that is driven by strong values, invests in its staff and students and has a high regard for their welfare
- A motivated, hardworking and collaborative senior leadership team
- A strong middle leadership team who are highly professional and work well together
- A supportive and cooperative teaching staff who are committed to their roles
- A caring school where you can make a real difference to the lives of young people
- Collaboration with other schools and organisations to share and develop practice in Mathematics teaching and learning
- Research on local and national Mathematics projects
We will encourage you to be innovative, creative and bold in your decision making and provide professional development that will support you in your future career plans.
Appointment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Employees of The Derby High School have a responsibility for, and must be committed to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and for ensuring that they are protected from harm.
Application forms available here and returnable with a letter of application to Mrs D Grundy, PA to the Headteacher, The Derby High School, Radcliffe Road, Bury, BL9 9NH or by email to email@example.com by noon Monday 19th March 2018.