We are seeking to recruit a dynamic Lead Practitioner for Mathematics. As strategic lead for the development of teaching and learning in Mathematics and as part of the wider school teaching and learning team, you will work closely with the senior leader responsible for teaching and learning. You will lead, develop and support innovative and outstanding practice across the Mathematics Faculty, the whole school and play a pivotal role in coaching colleagues to improve their practice in the teaching of numeracy and mathematical literacy.
· Play a fundamental role in shaping the direction and future of the department / faculty / wider school.
· Be part of a highly successful network of schools both locally and nationally.
· Play an active role in developing the skills and attributes of others.
· Receive bespoke training and support in order to be the very best teacher and leader you can be.
· Have access to network-wide events with Star Academy colleagues, led by some of the most influential people in education.
You will find a School that:
· Has a distinctive faith ethos.
· Has strong and effective leadership at all levels.
· Fosters and develops a strong team ethos amongst all its staff.
· Is highly supportive and one that values and develops people.
· Aspires to be in the top 1% of schools nationally for pupil progress.
· Is forward thinking and outwardly facing.
· Is committed to developing pupils leadership skills and their wider participation in local and national agendas.
· Has an exceptionally supportive community and Governing Body.
Visits to the school are welcomed and encouraged. We welcome enquiries from everyone and value diversity in our workforce.
Closing date: Monday 25th March 2019 12:00pm
Interview date: Wednesday 27th March 2019 or Thursday 28th March 2019
For an informal and confidential discussion regarding the role, candidates are encouraged to contact Faheema Asmal on 01772-926000.