Lead Practitioner Mathematics.
Starting date: September 2019 or earlier by negotiation
Lead Practitioner Scale 6-10 (£45,213 - £49,937)
So how did your classes perform this year?
If the answer is good or better, then this post could be for you. We are seeking a strong Maths teacher who can deliver results. It’s really that simple. So rule yourself in….
You DON’T necessarily need the following:
· A long time served in the classroom.
· Significant leadership experience.
· An existing TLR.
You DO need
· Teaching talent.
· Drive and ambition to improve student results.
· Evidence of how you have delivered results.
· A personal desire to be the best.
In return we offer:
· Additional holiday as part of our unique Smart Working initiative. Talk to our staff who benefit from additional flexibility and the ability to finally get cheaper flights!
· A highly competitive salary regardless of your current salary levels.
· A key post in a successful academy with the opportunity for further promotion and development within a growing trust.
· A supportive working environment within a team of highly effective practitioners who already achieve high standards (2018 attainment is well above national averages).
· The opportunity to shape your own future career path in close consultation with Trust Senior Leadership.
· A recognised share in our success.
· Please visit http://www.sandhillview.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/The-Southmoor-Academy-Trust-Way-of-Working-Doc-1.pdf for further information on what makes us different.
We are seeking the very best talent and to this end we are in no rush and will not compromise on quality. So if you are interested but committed to your current responsibilities we understand. Joining us in September 2019 could be the option for you.
Prospective candidates are warmly invited to visit Southmoor Academy. In order to accommodate your needs this can also include times beyond the school day. Please contact Mr Garrett’s P.A. Sara Barwick on to arrange a visit on (0191) 5949991 ex 3007 or alternatively 07860 929403.
Please visit our website for more information: www.southmoorschool.co.uk
If you require an application pack via email please email Samantha Ferry, HR Manager: Ferry.S@sandhillview.com
Closing Date for receipt of applications is 9.00am on Tuesday 16th October 2018. Applications should be returned to Samantha Ferry: Ferry.S@sandhillview.com
Southmoor Academy is a very successful and rapidly expanding 11-18 academy. Despite deprivation exceeding national levels, the school is regularly one of the top schools in Sunderland on a wide range of indicators.
2018 GCSE results have risen 8% for both L5+ E&M and L4+ E&M to 45% and 66% respectively. Attainment 8 has risen 2.8 points to 50.1 and both maths and English exceed national attainment averages despite an FSM level of 37%. Early projections of Progress 8 show it to be around +0.2. We can and will achieve even more!
2018 A level results are the highest in the area at 78% A*-C and early Value Added projections at +0.22 will place the school in at least the top 20% nationally once again.
We are a forward thinking progressive school. We have become the North East Oxnet Hub which promotes Russell Group applications (in 2018 one third of our pupils went to Russell Group universities). Southmoor MAT consists of two secondary schools. Being part of a larger organisation really gives us the ability to draw in special talent and offer many more opportunities to those who join us.
The maths team consist of 10 fulltime committed specialists. We deliver GCSE Mathematics, GCSE Statistics as well as A ‘Level Mathematics and further Mathematics. A very popular choice at Southmoor the uptake for Mathematics at A ‘Level is very strong. We are one of the top performing Maths teams in Sunderland and our results have remained at a consistently high level. It is a very supportive team who collaborate regularly to ensure our standards remain high. We look forward to welcoming a new colleague.
The Role of Lead Practitioner Maths
The central purpose of this role is to raise achievement in Maths. All other aspects are negotiable with the successful candidate. We recognise that the successful candidate will have specific strengths, interests and career aspirations and we are eager to develop these when building a role description.
There is no secret to our success, we simply value talent. We recognise and reward the hard work and ability of our employees. If you make a difference for us it will make a difference for you.
Southmoor Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory DBS check.
*Southmoor Academy and The Sixth Form is part of Southmoor Academy Trust which includes Sandhill View School.