The David Ross Education Trust is now recruiting for a Lead Practitioner - Maths. If you are a Good or Outstanding Teacher, this role at Lodge Park Academy, Corby, could be the ideal next step in your career.
If you are ambitious, inspirational, creative, open-minded, and want to be part of our success then we want to hear from you. See what it means to be part of the David Ross Education trust from our children and parents here.
Providing our young people access to a world-class education and enrichment experiences is what drives us. Our students benefit from a wealth of opportunities to develop, learn and lead. From the classroom, to cultural visits, sports, music and arts and engaging with our local communities, the rich and varied experiences we create help fuel ambition and unlock potential. The education and experiences equips our young people with the leadership skills, team spirit, resilience and confidence to become outstanding citizens.
We work alongside outstanding organisations and individuals who are happy to share their expertise and skills in supporting the Trust’s vision, to give children better life chances through access to the best education and support we can give them.
About the role
We are looking for an outstanding Maths teacher to provide both excellent teaching and also potentially to lead on aspects of the developing Maths department. A Lead Practitioner would be consistently good or an outstanding teacher, with the results to prove it, who is ambitious and highly motivated to lead others. The Lead Practitioner will do everything possible to raise the quality of teaching and learning in Maths and throughout the Academy.
Permanent role – 32.5 hours per week, Term Time
Salary & Benefits
· Lead Practitioner pay-scale
· Access to Teachers’ Pension Scheme
Who we are looking for
- Degree or equivalent
- Qualified Teacher Status
- A sound academic background in MATHS
- 3 years+ experience in teaching would be preferred, but not essential
- Exemplary, outstanding practitioner
- Excellent classroom practitioner
- Good communicator and effective team member and leader
- Maths National Curriculum and GCSE Maths syllabus
- Excellent knowledge of classroom skills and Teacher Standards
- Excellent understanding of the Ofsted framework and what constitutes effective teaching and learning
- Contemporary pedagogy
- Understanding of the strategies needed to establish consistently high aspirations and standards of results and behaviour
- Familiar with recent developments in the teaching and learning of the subject including strategies for raising achievement
- Experienced in using a range of teaching and learning styles
- Able to use assessment data to improve achievement
- Able to use ICT across the curriculum and for administrative purposes
- Understand how the National Curriculum applies to all students
- Accepting of how the Academy Specialisms can be incorporated into the subject
About The David Ross Education Trust
The David Ross Education Trust (DRET) has grown to a network of 33 academies, incorporating primary, secondary and grammar, and special schools. We employ over 2000 people with the primary focus of raising the standards of education for 13,000 young people. Whatever your role, you should know you are contributing to achieving our vision of inspiring the next generation of young people to be the best they can in whatever they choose. Our aim is to be the country’s leading academy chain, committed to delivering the highest educational standards alongside an unrivalled package of sporting and cultural enrichment, including events such as the DRET Spring, Summer and Winter Cups, Music Cup, volunteering trips abroad, and regular trips/visits throughout the year.
We are incredibly lucky to be able to work alongside outstanding organisations and individuals who are happy to share their expertise and skills in supporting the David Ross Foundation's vision to give children better life chances through access to the best education and support we can give them.
While each academy is unique, we share common goals, aspirations, values and methods that enable us to work collaboratively and collectively to achieve our mission. We operate regional hubs, whereby academies work with other schools who are part of the Trust so we can share skills and knowledge, allowing them to benefit and learn from each other. We offer high quality programmes for CPD and Leadership Development delivered through our Teaching School Alliance to support our practitioners to deliver high quality teaching and learning across our academies.
Apply now - Please submit your application on our website.
Lodge Park Academy is committed to equality, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.