When staff, students and families walk through our gates and onto our site, they belong to the Whitley Academy Community. In this community, we build meaningful relationships based on trust and mutual respect. Our classrooms, corridors and the school environment are safe spaces where nobody is judged and everyone is valued. Our ethos, driven by our commitment to Whitley’s values, is built on inclusion and our dedication to care for each member of our community as an individual. We put learning and learners first in every decision we make. We are proud of our school and committed to supporting all staff and students to “be the best you can be”.
For an Easter 2020 start (or earlier), we are seeking a well-qualified, suitably experienced and enthusiastic Lead Practitioner to join our Maths department and support early career stage teachers and non-specialist Opening Minds teachers delivering excellent T&L opportunities and achieving excellent outcomes for students in Maths KS3-KS5. You will have strong subject knowledge and a proven track-record of exemplary classroom practice together with the ability to be pro-active and responsible for the development of T&L practice in Maths delivered by a large team of teachers. The well-resourced department has a relentless focus on developing an effective academic curriculum and raising attainment at all Key Stages. The Maths department is a passionate team at an exciting stage of development, drawing upon the expertise of a number of strong practitioners. You will be supporting the Curriculum Leader, in further developing the strengths of the team. Maths at KS5 is popular and we successfully recruit a significant number of Y11 students to the A level course. This is an exciting opportunity for someone to begin or further advance their leadership expertise. Our Academy is on a rapid improvement journey. You will be joining a forward-thinking school that values the professional development and well-being of its staff.
The successful candidate must be:
- Able to teach Maths to KS5 confidently,
- Values driven,
- Ambitious for every child and highly inclusive,
- Passionate about Maths and its impact on learning, with the ability to motivate pupils and achieve excellent results,
- Resilient with a strong personal drive,
- Someone who has high expectations of both students and their colleagues,
- Able to lead and support the development of T&L in the Maths Department,
- Someone who can forge positive relationships with students to encourage great learning, and
- Someone who has a passion for Maths in the real world and the ability to share this with young people.
We will offer you;
- A positive and innovative learning culture, where wellbeing and workload are effectively managed,
- A dedicated, highly skilled and committed staff, upholding high expectations of and aspirations for all of our students,
- A strong sense of community and a warm, welcoming workplace,
- Access to the RSA Academies’ Teaching School Alliance, which offers high quality training and leadership experiences for all staff, to ensure that everyone is enabled to develop, grow and collaborate,
- PiXL network access, developing new ideas and strategies to impact on student learning and
- A number of additional benefits including a fantastic internal CPD programme built into directed time - fostering excellence in teaching and learning, free parking, and a vibrant modern building and facilities in a beautiful location within easy reach of the M40/M6 corridor.
This post would be suitable for a more experienced practitioner with an interest in developing the practice of others, their wider subject knowledge and their leadership skills. Informal visits are welcomed. Completed applications should be returned to: email@example.com To find out more about our school please visit our website at www.whitleyacademy.com
We hope that after considering all the information provided, you will decide to make an application. A reminder that the closing date is 12th December 2019 at 9:00am. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within a few days of the closing date. Whatever the outcome of your application we thank you for the interest you have shown in this post and wish you well for your future career.