Maltings Academy is graded Outstanding’ and has a state of the art new building offering fantastic facilities for both students and staff alike. We have a committed and ambitious team which includes colleagues from Future Leaders, and have been very successful at developing teachers and leaders with progression both within and beyond the academy.
We are recruiting a Lead Practitioner (Maths). Reporting to the Head of Academy, you will join an academy where all colleagues play their part and contribute to whole school improvement through our distributed leadership model. If you embody these values and have high expectations, you will be very successful working with us.
If you are driven to lead and develop teaching and learning then we want to hear from you! We actively welcome applications from teachers looking for their first leadership position, as well as from experienced colleagues looking to develop their career further.
We are looking for:
- A proven record of raising and maintaining standards.
- Vision, drive and flair as you join our supportive and forward thinking team of Middle Leaders.
- The ability to consult, devise, communicate, implement, monitor and evaluate improvement with a relentless focus on student outcomes.
- Relevant qualifications and a record of professional development (both formal and through appropriate experience) to meet the challenge of the job specification.
- A genuine commitment to making a positive contribution to the academy.
- A commitment to further developing you as a future leader through access to the school network of our sponsor Academies Enterprise Trust.
- To be part of an academy moving forward at pace.
- A highly committed staff team developing and driving a culture of high expectations and no excuses
- A mentorship programme to develop you as a future Leader.
Although this role is based at Maltings Academy, you may be required to teach at our at our sister academy, New Rickstones Academy (also in Witham) as all new staff contracts are to work across both academies.
Visits to the academy are welcomed. For an informal discussion about the post, and to arrange a visit please contact James Forbes, Head of Academy via Julie Joiner (PA to Head of Academy) on 01376 512 911 / email@example.com.
Closing date: Friday 16 November 2018.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response.
For further information on this position and to make an application please click the apply now button.
Candidates are advised to carefully consider the Supporting Statement section of the application form, explaining clearly how they meet the requirements of the person specification.
Maltings Academy is a key member of Academies Enterprise Trust (AET), a multi-academy sponsor which aims to provide the opportunity for all young learners to fulfil their real potential, broaden their horizons and become active, prosperous and successful citizens in the world around them. In each of the AET academies, you will benefit from visionary, inspirational and dynamic leadership and be empowered to develop your own skills with access to world-class CPD and Talent Management programmes. Benefits include a Health Cash Plan, Teachers Pension Scheme and Childcare Vouchers. Academy employees receive discounted membership at Witham Leisure Centre and linked centres in the Fusion Group.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV's We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin: further details can be found on our careers page.