Information about London Academy
London Academy is an ambitious all-through Academy in North London, serving a multicultural and disadvantaged community. In 2017/2018 we were in the top 5% of schools in the country in terms of progress achieving a progress 8 score of 0.65 and specifically 1.3 in Modern Foreign Languages (MFL). Our overall provisional progress 8 score for 2019 is 0.89.
We are looking to appoint a Lead Practitioner in Modern Foreign Languages (MFL). This post is pivotal to the Academy’s continuing drive to raise attainment for all our children. You will have responsibility for driving improvements in Teaching and Learning across French and Spanish and lead the development of teaching and learning across the Academy. We offer an academic and rigorous curriculum for all of our students and as result of this the vast majority of our students complete the English Baccalaureate (EBAC) in year 11 and hence the take up of French and Spanish GCSE is significant.
If you are an outstanding teacher ready to take on a significant leadership role and have the potential to inspire both students and staff, then we would like to hear from you.
Our mission is to develop the leadership potential in both our staff and students and we want to be at the forefront of developing the next generation of school leaders. We can help prepare you for a future leadership position, investing in your development through regular coaching and a wide range of professional development opportunities, such as the NPQSL.
Why work at London Academy?
• The opportunity to work with experienced and value driven colleagues that have a proven track record of raising attainment for a disadvantaged community
• A wide range of professional development opportunities, for example we were one of the first partner schools working with The Institute for Teaching on the Masters in Expert Teaching
• Experience of working with Ambition School Leadership and supporting colleagues completing Teaching Leaders and Future Leaders
• A commitment to engage with the latest educational research so it that informs all aspects of the Academy, for example curriculum design and pedagogy
• A focus on reducing workload by having centralised behaviour systems, centralised curriculum and a reasonable feedback policy.
To apply, please send your CV and a completed application form to email@example.com. If you would like to discuss the post in confidence please call 020 8238 1100 extension 247 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a time to come in or have an informal conversation with the Principal.
London Academy is an equal opportunities employer. London Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Enhanced DBS, Barred List and Prohibition checks will always be carried out on new employees.
Applications will be viewed on a rolling basis, so early applications are highly recommended. The closing date for applications is Wednesday 9th October 4pm.
We are committed to the protection of children
We are an equal opportunities employer
All posts will be subject to enhanced DBS checks and prohibition from teaching checks