Lead Practitioner of Chemistry.
Tes is currently supporting a friendly and supportive secondary school, based in York. The school is looking to add a Lead Practitioner of Chemistry to their progressive and supportive Science Department ideally starting in September 2021.
The role will include coordinating and co-managing the delivery of Chemistry at KS3, GCSE and A-level across year groups 7 to 13. You will support the Head of Science to enhance provision and will get the chance to get involved with exciting project work throughout the year. Project work will include revising schemes of work and ensuring the curriculum is engaging to all learners alongside projects that support student attainment, well-being and engagement within the wider school. You’ll also lead by example, supporting learners to achieve to the best of their ability and you’ll enjoy that great feeling when your learners achieve grades beyond their dreams.
The Lead Practitioner will primarily support with curriculum and scheme of work review, ensuring that learners are engaged by the subject syllabus. You may also take lead on exciting provision methods such as: managing intervention groups and extended revision classes.
“Are you a talented, engaging and ambitious Chemistry teacher who can lead our Chemistry provision and make a positive difference to the lives and futures of the students in our school and to ignite their curiosity in and across the scientific world?
If so, we can offer you a fantastic opportunity to lead our specialist Chemistry team, to build upon its existing strengths and support a high quality learning experience which supports achievement.
We offer an exciting opportunity to inspire and motivate all students to enjoy and achieve in Chemistry and to build upon its existing popularity. We seek someone with specialist knowledge and a passion for Chemistry who can develop our curriculum and who will promote classroom practice to enable all our students to make exceptional progress. We seek a leader who is passionate about academic excellence, collaboration and delivering high-quality teaching for every student.”
The school is offering:
• A super supportive and highly visible SLT team and Headteacher;
• on-going CPD with programmes of study such as NPQML and MA in Educational Leadership
• progression support throughout the school and wider group
• support package for NQT’s/RQT’s including CPD and NQT mentorship;
• the chance to take on further responsibility such as Leadership roles in the future.
The school expects:
• A UK teaching qualification such as PGCE/PGDE, SCITT, BEd or MEd with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
• a relevant Chemistry Degree or a related subject
• experience of delivering Chemistry up to GCSE/A-level pushing and engaging learners to progress within the subject
• experience supporting your existing Head of Department with curriculum and scheme of work review to enhance student engagement
• a love and passion for education.
Please include REF: 1412240 in the email subject line.
Tes Recruitment Services (UK) represent Schools and Academies across the Globe, supporting them to secure a great teacher / leader for every role. If you have an up to date CV on Tes.com you can apply with one easy click! Click ‘Quick Apply’ to apply for this role today!
To learn more about this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an information pack that includes the school's name, role specifics (JD/PS) and context. Please include REF: 1412240 in the email subject line.
Tes Schools Recruitment
Tes is the market leader in search and selection for schools across the globe. At Tes, we’re committed to supporting and helping teachers at every stage of their career find their next job opportunity; and helping governors recruit the very best lead...