Are you an Aspiring Leader and feel that you have what is required, for an exciting position as Lead Practitioner of English, to further your career?
Staffordshire University Academy are seeking to appoint an innovative, ambitious, enthusiastic and proactive Lead Practitioner of English to lead the development of teaching, learning, achievement and aspiration within English up to Key Stage 5.
Staff benefit from a positive working environment with strong support for professional development. The successful candidate will be able to lead and build on the strengths within the department whilst continuing the progress being made in this vital curriculum area. For potential Lead Practitioners, this role is a major opportunity to develop Educational Coaching and Leadership skills, working with and beyond the English department to focus on highly effective Teaching and Learning across the academy. Applicants must have a degree or equivalent in English and have at least 2 years of experience teaching English in a mainstream school.
Do you have?
• High aspirations to deliver at a consistently effective level
• A passion for working with young people
• A desire to ensure all groups of students are suitably motivated and challenged
• The desire to share and learn from best practice to ensure continual self-improvement
• The ability to use and apply technology in lessons to support teaching and learning
• A passion and a desire to make a difference to the lives of young people
In return we can offer:
• Genuinely exciting career development opportunities in a growing academy
• Supportive, experienced and enthusiastic colleagues
• Additional unique CPD opportunities provided by Staffordshire University
• Excellent facilities including classrooms equipped with the latest audio visual technology
If you are interested in joining our team, please complete and return our application form by the specified closing date.
For more information and to download an application pack please visit our website: www.suacademy.co.uk or email: firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Laura Heelis on Telephone: 01543 2247654.
Closing date for applications is 9am on Tuesday 22nd May 2018.
Interviews: Wednesday 23rd May.
This academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This position is subject to a criminal records check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly CRB) which will require you to disclose details of all unspent and unfiltered spent reprimands, formal warnings, cautions and convictions in your application for.