• Start date: September 2019
• Job term: Permanent / Full Time
• Location: Holsworthy Community College
• Salary: L4 to L6
• Closing Date: Tuesday 23rd April 2019
Holsworthy Community College is delighted to be part of The Dartmoor Multi Academy Trust (DMAT), a MAT consisting of 3 secondary and 13 primary schools.
We are looking to appoint an inspiring and dedicated Lead Practitioner in English. The successful candidate will have a positive impact on the quality of teaching and learning and student progress in English and across the school.
This is an opportunity to join a community school where the focus is on both the school and the wider social community. In addition, students are incredibly enthusiastic and focused in their learning – and Holsworthy Community College is proud to have students of all abilities – we are truly comprehensive with many students capable of the highest of grades. We have seen, with careful direction and guidance that all students achieve.
Therefore, if you want an opportunity to have considerable impact, you will be supported and encouraged to make this impact happen. Joining Holsworthy is joining a school where leaders of the curriculum will support a whole school vision to provide education that allows this community to excel.
We are looking for someone who is able:
• To teach English across the age and ability range in accordance with the requirements of a professionally qualified teacher.
• To have a direct, positive impact on the quality of teaching, learning and student progress across the School.
• In consultation with the Head of Department, lead, manage and develop the use of English across the School, ensuring a consistent approach to quality and standards.
• To secure outstanding Teaching, Learning and Assessment across the School that produces outstanding outcomes for students and to be accountable for high standards of teaching and learning, student progress, improved attainment, support and challenge for students across all key stages.
• To contribute to policy development at Senior Leadership level.
• To inspire and engage staff and students in the vision for the School and to ensure an outstanding learning environment which is engaging for all learners.
• To work with individual teachers to support their development when appropriate.
CPD Offer - Connecting Holsworthy with the best offers in the region
Holsworthy Community College (HCC) is a founding member of the Dartmoor Teaching School Alliance (TSA), one of the largest TSAs in the South West. Dartmoor TSA offers an extensive range of CPD programmes for teachers at all career stages (see www.dartmoortsa.org.uk/courses).
Dartmoor TSA works closely with two local TSAs - Exeter TSA and South TSA - in a partnership 'Teaching Schools South West' - which covers 180 schools in the greater Devon area. This enables us at HCC to achieve a close connectivity with other schools. For example, we are engaged in a SSIF 2 Project on Peer Review with 18 other secondary schools; we have Maths teachers engaged in an Outstanding Maths Teacher Programme with Craig Barton; our MFL department recently took part in a conference led by Gianfranco Conti. These are all high profile, national acclaimed programmes that through working in partnership with Dartmoor TSA we have access to.
Dartmoor TSA has excellent leadership development pathways for middle and senior leaders that dovetail with the NPQ programmes. HCC is keen to support ambitious staff to progress through these programmes.
Last year Dartmoor TSA provided training to 1100 teachers from over 100 schools; supported 26 schools through its 48 system leaders and recruited 31 trainee teachers for both primary and secondary programmes.
All schools in The Dartmoor Multi Academy Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
For further details and an application pack please or visit our website www.hcc.devon.sch.uk
Please return your completed application form to email@example.com