Lead Practitioner of Mathematics
We are pleased to advertise the role of Lead Practitioner for Mathematics. This is an exciting role, particularly suited to an ambitious individual, who already has experience of curriculum leadership. This post is particularly suited to those who wish to develop further experience in preparation for senior leadership.
The City of Leicester College is a fantastic place to work. Colleagues are supportive and are truly committed towards making a difference towards the lives of our young people. In August 2018, we achieved our best ever KS4 results and these results now put us in the top 10 of all Leicester Secondary Schools. For those interested in developing or continuing Post-16 teaching, we have a thriving and successful Sixth Form.
With a new, highly ambitious Director of Maths in post, we are now looking to add further strength to our Maths Leadership team. The role of Lead Practitioner is crucial to continuing improvement in Maths. In this role you will influence, support and share best practice with your colleagues in order to ensure the very highest standards of teaching and learning and student outcomes.
The successful candidate will:
- Be an excellent teacher, who has the highest ambitions and expectations for themselves and their students.
- Work with the college and curriculum leadership team to identify teaching and learning strengths and priorities.
- Be a strategic thinker with a ‘can-do’ attitude, who refuses to accept anything else but the highest standards for our students.
- Provide subject specific guidance for the purpose of self-evaluation and review.
- Lead the planning of standardised assessment procedures across the curriculum area.
- Provide expert guidance to support high quality teaching and planning.
We welcome colleagues who share our College Vision:
To develop an inclusive, friendly, dynamic, high achieving learning community, where all students and staff are happy, whilst being supported and encouraged to be ambitious, achieve personal success and make a positive difference to their world.
We can offer you:
- a challenging, rewarding inner-city multi-cultural, multi-faith community
- committed, enthusiastic, creative staff and students
- a fantastic, well-resourced inspiring learning environment
- access to excellent technology resources including iPads for staff and students
- high quality staff development and support programme including mentoring and coaching.
Prospective candidates are most welcome to visit the College, prior to an application, so that you can see our wonderful location and experience our ethos.
Closing Date: Monday 15 October at 12 noon.