Lead Practitioner: Science
Salary: L9 – L13
Contract type: Full Time
Contract term: Permanent
Start Date: September 2018
Join us on our journey towards outstanding.
Working in partnership with St Patrick’s National Teaching School, Our Lady & St John Catholic College is an 11-16 Voluntary Aided School enjoying ‘rapid improvement’ in our pursuit of excellence. We are seeking to appoint a successful, highly motivated and dynamic candidate to join our Science team as a Lead Practitioner. You will be joining a dynamic team and play a key role in the strategic development of both schools at Leadership level. This is an ideal preparation for Senior Leadership.
The successful candidate will:
· Be an outstanding classroom practitioner.
· Aspire to be a Specialist Leader in Education and support other schools across the North West
· Be passionate about student achievement and aspirations.
· Have successful experience of improving standards.
· Be able to inspire colleagues and get the best from others.
· Show commitment to the school’s vision and Catholic ethos.
· Be able to show they have secured high results with your own teaching classes.
An application pack can be found on our website, applications can be returned by e-mail to Mrs Penarski (UPenarski@olsj.blackburn.sch.uk).
Our Lady & St John Catholic College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo appropriate child protection screening, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure & Barring Service.
Closing date for applications is: 3pm on Monday 26th March