Required for September 2018 (earlier start possible)
Lead Practitioner Science (Chemistry)
(Salary Scale L8 £54,246 – L12 £59,084) or TL2B during training year
Following the successful pilot of our innovative 'Year 0' medical programme with Queen Mary, University of London (QMUL), we are pleased to announce that additional funding has been received to recruit and appoint an outstanding Lead Practitioner Science (Chemistry) or someone who wish to take up this role within 1 year (TLR 2b during training year).
- You are a dynamic and inspirational teacher (11-18) with outstanding subject knowledge of Chemistry.
- You wish to lead outstanding learning and teaching in a school where scholarship in science is valued and rewarded.
- You have an unwavering belief in the potential of every learner, a contagious enthusiasm that motivates both staff and students and a track record of achieving strong academic results.
- You seek first class support and professional development.
v As part of the St Paul’s Way Trust ‘School of Education’ you will continue to build your leadership skills as you help to develop the talent of teachers.
- Our exceptional links with Queen Mary University (QMUL), King’s College London, The University of Warwick, The UCL Institute of Education and the University of East London help shape an inspirational science curriculum including that we are London’s only Faraday science school.
- St Paul’s Way Trust School Science Faculty and QMUL are delivering a unique foundation year medical course, ‘Year 0’, at their Whitechapel campus providing SPWT staff with an opportunity to teach with honorary lecturer status.
- Our St Paul’s Way Trust Science Research Centre offers unique opportunities for students and staff to engage in genuine scientific research with our university partners.
In March 2013, Ofsted described the school as ‘Outstanding’ in every category and the school was commended for its “relentless pursuit of scholarship and excellence”. In 2014, the school was designated as a National Teaching School. Our award winning new building is situated in the heart of East London. Professor Brian Cox OBE is our Patron.
Ready to Investigate?
Come and visit a school where the leadership team shares your ambition and passion for science.
Deadline for applications: Midday, Friday 20th April 2018
Interview date: Week commencing 30th April 2018
For further details about the post and to download an application pack please visit www.spwt.net
To apply, please send covering letter and completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. Please arrange a visit by emailing: email@example.com
Please Note: We do not accept CVs alone.St Paul’s Way Trust School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS Check.