We would like to appoint a dynamic and inspirational qualified teacher of Science with a possibility of TLR or Lead Practitioner for the right candidate with the relevant experience. We are looking for an effective and enthusiastic classroom teacher who will be able to complement our dedicated team of outstanding practitioners.
Harris Academy Tottenham is a new academy with a specialism in Mathematics and Enterprise, rated 'Outstanding' by Ofsted in 2017. This will be an exciting opportunity to be part of an excellent team who will develop and provide outstanding teaching and learning and exceptional outcomes for students from 3-18 years of age.
The ideal candidate will have excellent subject knowledge and will be creative and passionate about sharing that knowledge with our students. Holding QTS (or equivalent) and a relevant undergraduate degree, you will be committed to attaining the highest standards and expecting excellence from our young people. As the academy grows you will be part of a team that will deliver and lead the subject through a variety of innovative approaches including curriculum design, teaching strategies, use of technology and intervention programmes that will create an environment where every classroom offers outstanding provision for students.
In selecting a teacher to join our team we will be looking for an aspirational person, able to be a key player in developing an exceptional academy: someone with the ability to help build the commitment of all stakeholders to a culture of constant excellence.
We will make a commitment to providing you with the highest quality CPD, both within the Academy and through the Harris Federation, this will ensure that you are always at the forefront of teaching and learning innovation.
Why work at Harris Academy Tottenham?
- “Teachers have high aspirations. Their enthusiasm for their subject is infectious, and this motivates pupils to want to achieve well.” OFSTED - 2017
- The opportunity to be part of a new and growing academy at the centre of the regeneration in Haringey
- A calm, well-disciplined yet positive and innovative learning environment
- Excellent facilities and resources for all colleagues and students
- Superb professional development, including a thorough induction programme, and promotion opportunities both within the academy and through the Harris Federation; this will ensure that you are always at the forefront of teaching and learning innovation.
For more information on this role, please download the candidate information pack via the apply link, or contact the Academy on 020 3772 4243.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.