Lordswood Boy’s School is among the most improved schools in England.
2018 outcomes: Progress 8: +0.35, 4+%: English 71%, Maths 64%.
There has never been a better time to join us on what is already an amazing journey. Rarely has a school taken such a stride in such a space of time…and here we are on the cusp of a brand new building equipped (construction well under way) for 750 students and a 6th Form…we expect to deliver a fully staffed, oversubscribed outstanding school. Join us.
We have a full-time Intervention programme to support the English and Maths departments with Science support in the planning phase.
Additional recruitment incentives are available to exceptional candidates willing to take on wider school responsibilities. Interested candidates should make clear their skills and abilities, their proposed additional contributions and their expectations. CAT is committed to recruiting the best talent.
Candidates can be experienced or relatively new to the profession; the key is to come with the talent to teach our students, all of whom will engage with you and strive to over-achieve. Above all, we want brilliant teachers. If this is you, talk to us today.
To apply, simply click the button or, if you need further information, interested candidates should contact Laura Robinson, PA to the Leadership Team at the school. Michael Rennie, Director of School Improvement would be delighted to explain the vision for the Trust and provide opportunities for you to discuss what these fabulously exciting new roles really entail and what our expectations are. Visit us too, you are always welcome to come and see a normal school day…you will like what you will see, this is a guarantee. We would also like to share the following:
Lordswood Boys’ School is part of the Central Academies Trust (CAT). CAT is a recently formed educational Trust with members and directors drawn from the highest achieving and highest profile schools in Coventry and Birmingham. Led by our Chief Executive Dr. David Kershaw MBE, the Trust incorporates members and directors from industry and higher education amongst other fields. Committed to raising achievement in challenging schools and to securing the highest of high equity, we will work relentlessly to change young lives in the Midlands. Any professional that joins in with our mission will have opportunities to work across our schools in the coming years as we seek to develop and promote our own staff into remarkable future Headteachers, outstanding school improvement experts or leaders of curriculum innovation and world class standards in education.
Lordswood Boys’ School has emerged from years of under-achievement and low attainment. Our recent in-Trust Inspection confirmed what the school improvement team already knew:
· The behaviour of students is exceptional…truly exceptional.
· There is genuine strength across the school. The 2018 outcomes were outstanding.
· The development of Teaching and Learning is embryonic but has a core focus on Behaviour for Learning and is closely tied to the outstanding practices associated with the real-time tracking of key school performance indicators.
· The school is always seeking to be innovative, a philosophy best exemplified by the commitment to initiating a Literacy for Life thematic curriculum in Year 7 in partnership with Shirelands Collegiate. The school also has a whole-school focus on raising Literacy standards and the entire pastoral system is built upon tutor groups organised according to reading age; all our students will be strong readers as they complete Key Stage 3, this is a prime aim for CAT.
· Exceptional monitoring and tracking systems, many in real time; the school is data rich and the recent Inspection noted the outstanding quality of our management information; candidates will have more than enough evidence and background knowledge of performance patterns to be able to inform their work.
· A highly motivated and committed staff ready and willing to work with like-minded new colleagues.
· An expanding and newly appointed Leadership Team.
Our school is being rebuilt over the next 18 months and we will open our state-of-the-art new academy in January 2020.
For visits, other information, informal discussions and application forms:
T: 0121-464 2837
For telephone conversations: 07973-294883.
Candidates will be required to submit the names of two referees, one of which must be your most recent employer.
Closing date: Wednesday 24th October 2018, Midday