Standards and Excellence Team, Children and Young People's Service.
Flexible Working options available to support you, your work life balance and career.
Take the next step in your career and join our exceptional team of leads to impact on the achievement and quality of education for pupils within a particular geographical area of Suffolk. You will work as part of a strong and supportive team alongside other experienced and supportive LSEO colleagues that lead the team of Standards and Excellence Officers. You will work with school leaders to have a positive impact and influence on improving outcomes for Suffolk pupils.
You will work with school leaders (including governors) to support them in their school improvement work; to strengthen capacity for self-sustaining school improvement. You will also play a key role in the continuous refinement and strengthening of the Local Authority's school improvement work.
This will involve you line managing a team of SEO's (Standards and Excellence Officers) to ensure we provide high-quality school improvement support and challenge to meet schools' needs.
As a lead in this vital area of work, you will have the vision, motivation and proven leadership skills to secure improvement for Suffolk pupils. In line with the ambition and aims of Suffolk County Council’s Raising the Bar, you will be committed to ensuring the best possible outcomes for children and young people in Suffolk.
You will need:
- significant experience of working with school leaders to secure sustained improvement in the quality of education for pupils
- in depth knowledge of the Ofsted framework
- an understanding of what makes strong leadership and management.
- a supportive team environment
- commitment to support you in your professional development and career growth
- regular supervision and performance management
- a conditional relocation package of up to £8,000 to support a potential move to Suffolk.
- Flexible working arrangements available
- Relocation scheme for qualifying new employees
- Free DBS check (if you are registered on the DBS Update Service)
- Public transport discounts and season ticket loan scheme
- Tax free bikes through our cycle to work scheme
- A contributory pension scheme
- Benefits scheme that includes childcare voucher
- Free 24/7 support line, providing general information, counselling and legal advice
- A wide range of staff support networks and representative bodies.
Our Workplace Values:
- Achieve - be the best we can be
- Support - work as one team
- Pride - take pride in and are proud of what we do
- Inspire - model the ASPIRE values
- Respect - give and earn respect
- Empower - empower, encourage and motivate people.
The job requires travel, so you must be willing and able to travel across Suffolk.
For an informal discussion only, please contact Julia Grainger on 07595 091173.
Apply online at: www.suffolkjobsdirect.org or call 0345 601 4412 quoting the job ref.
Closing date: 11.30pm, 12 September 2019.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts.
Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.