Lead Teacher Business and Economics (ability to teach KS3 Maths an advantage)
Required: Easter 2020/September 2020 (flexible)
Salary: IVC Main Scale (£24,373 - £33,010 pa / IVC UPS £35,971 – £40,490 pa) with TLR 2.2 £4,968 pa
This role, arising due to the expansion of our curriculum at both KS4 and KS5, is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the country’s leading state providers and to shape the future of Business and Economics in the College. The ability to teach KS3 Maths would be an advantage to prospective applicants but is not essential.
The successful candidate will benefit from:
• Funding and time to undertake subject specific training for the new IB Business & Management course
• Coaching from a member of SLT
• 2 Year Professional Development Programme in Leadership and Management and the opportunity to complete accredited courses including the NPQML or NPQSL in 2021-22
With a truly comprehensive intake, student progress is regularly in the top 5% of all non-selective schools in the country, and the College was recently awarded Sunday Times East Anglian Secondary School of the Year. Student attainment is exceptionally high, with 15% of all grades at Grade 9, 43% at 7-9 (or equivalent) and 95% of grades at 4-9. As an IB World School, the College offers a unique and innovative curriculum, with a weekly enrichment programme for all students as part of the College timetable, and with a focus on wellbeing at its heart.
Economics is already a well-established course in our international sixth form, with large numbers of students achieving grades that are well in excess of the world averages. It is also a popular choice for university applications and extended essays within the IB Diploma. From September 2020 we are launching Business & Management as part of our IB offer, and a core part of this role will involve shaping the curriculum and assessment for this exciting new course. Business Studies has recently been reintroduced into the curriculum at KS4, and has already proved extremely popular.
You will be joining an innovative and collaborative faculty where staff are highly committed to professional development and to developing students' love of Computing. You will be well supported in the faculty by a dynamic and highly experienced Lead Practitioner, and will lead two other colleagues who teach within the department. There will also be a chance to be involved in the wider delivery of Business and Enterprise across the College and to deliver extra-curricular activities.
With your knowledge and passion for Business and Economics you will have the opportunity to build upon the successful curriculum offer embedded at IVC and to
establish your own vision for delivering a high quality learning experience to our inspirational students.
In return IVC and the Morris Education Trust (MET) can offer you:
• a competitive salary including a recruitment and retention allowance for the right candidate
• reduced contact time for all teachers to facilitate professional learning/reduce workload
• further reduction in contact time for teachers new to the College, to support effective transition into post
• the opportunity to teach all key stages including the International Baccalaureate in our Sixth Form
• the opportunity to work for a faculty where collaboration is a high priority and the programme of professional learning is outstanding
• excellent career pathway opportunities with a culture of looking to promote from within, including responsibility across the Trust
• access to the opportunities created by our newly established Morris Teaching School Alliance, where IVC is the Lead School
• support to undertake a Masters in Education through our links with Cambridge University, the “SUPER Programme” and other L5 accredited providers
• support in an organisation where wellbeing is at the heart of everything we do and which has led to the introduction of a successful wellbeing directory to improve wellbeing and work-life balance and where flexible working is encouraged
• subsidised access to the MET’s sports centre leisure facilities available for use before, during and after the school day
The MET is committed to Equal Opportunities and to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to employment checks and a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Closing Date: 10am Monday 24th February 2020
An application pack is available from our website www.impington.cambs.sch.uk. Applicants must complete a College application form - we cannot accept CVs. Please return completed application forms to Rachel Speake - email@example.com.
Potential applicants are strongly encouraged to visit the College and please contact Valerie Hastings firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a visit.