Sha Tin Junior School Website: http://www.sjs.edu.hk
Sha Tin Junior School is a five form entry primary school with approximately 900 students.
Lead Teacher for Music and Performing Arts (TLR 3) - Starting Aug 2018
We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic and experienced teacher to join the teaching team at Sha Tin Junior School in August 2018
The ideal candidate will be committed to a collaborative approach to teaching and planning and will have considerable experience of teaching Music in the context of the PYP
The position will be non-class based.
This is a significant leadership post at this stage of our strategic development cycle.
The Lead Teacher will be responsible to the Leadership Team at SJS in ensuring the effective;
• Teaching of the specialist music programme which is derived from the SJS Music Scope and Sequence .
• Leadership of the teaching staff in ensuring the effective teaching of music through a trans-disciplinary approach within the year group based units of inquiry.
• Provision of 'soft CPD' for all teachers in the teaching of Music and Performing Arts
• Oversight of the Music and Performing Arts provision at SJS, including extra curricular, enrichment and performance activities
SJS is a primary school (5-11 year old students) member of the English Schools Foundation and an IBO World School. We serve the New Territories region of Hong Kong and provide for a student enrolment of 900. We are very well-resourced and share a campus with our partner secondary school, Sha Tin College.
• Bachelor Degree in Education, or
• Bachelor Degree in any subjects with PGCE (Postgraduate Certificate of Education), or equivalent
• 3 - 5 years teaching experience within a recognised educational organisation
Closing Date: 13 Nov 2017
For enquiries, please contact Perry Tunesi at +852 2692 2721 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications must be submitted online through https://recruit.esf.edu.hk
Step 1: Go to the Registration tab and register. You will then receive an email with an activation link.
Step 2: When your account has been activated, login to the system and click "Job Listing"
Step 3: Check the box next to the job(s) that you wish to apply for and click "Apply & Continue".
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided immediately upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.