Lead Teacher Music
Location: Barnet, London — a five minute walk from High Barnet tube station
Start: September 2020
Opportunity for an exceptional teacher to be a middle leader, shaping a brand new Ark secondary school in Barnet
In September 2019, Ark Pioneer, a non-selective secondary school, opened its doors to our brand new building in Barnet and welcomed in our first year 7. By the time these pupils reach year 13, we’ll have over a thousand pupils. Our school is focussed on delivering a standard of education matching the very best schools in the country. Our vision is that every pupil leaves Ark Pioneer with real options, be it embarking on the university course of their choice or starting out in their chosen career.
We are recruiting a team of exceptional staff to achieve our vision and work together to create a genuinely outstanding school. The new lead teacher of music will shape our provision in that area and will recruit and develop an exceptional team.
Middle leadership experience will not be a determining factor. The successful candidate will grow with our school: we will develop you, providing one-to-one support, coaching and access to extensive network training. You will also have the opportunity to collaborate on, and lead, network-wide projects.
The ideal candidate will
• Have a strong academic background, with good A Levels or equivalent, and a good degree
• Combine subject matter expertise with a passion for teaching music
• Be able to coordinate both inclusive and elite performance opportunities for pupils
• Have the commitment, skills and character required to build a successful department
• Share the Ark Pioneer vision and be aligned with the six pillars underpinning it
• Value and support practices driving continued progress across the network of Ark schools
Please submit your application by 9am on 17th February. For further information, a confidential discussion or any technical queries please contact email@example.com and the Principal will contact you.
Closing Date: 17th February
Interviews: Week beginning 24th February
Salary: ARK MPS £29,064 - £41,036 / UPS £43,078 - £46,326 plus TLR 2c – 1b
Contract: Full-time hours, permanent contract
We value diversity and are committed to safeguarding and promoting child welfare. The successful candidate will be subject to DBS and any other relevant employment checks.