Lead Teacher of Chemistry
Full Time, Permanent Contract
Main Pay Scale / Post Threshold Scale for Outer London, depending on experience, plus TLR2b, currently £4,655 per annum
Starting date: 1 September 2020
We are currently recruiting for an enthusiastic Lead Teacher of Chemistry, who has the ability to teach up to A level, and promote their love of the subject to students by teaching engaging lessons. You will help contribute to our excellent practices and will be part of an innovative and motivated department who share good practices and encourages new ideas. We welcome applications from either experienced or newly qualified teachers.
Closing date for receiving applications is by noon on Tuesday 25 February with interviews taking place on Friday 28 February 2020. However, early applications are encouraged as school applications will be reviewed when received. The school reserves the right to make an appointment prior to the closing date.
• is a school where everyone enjoys learning, feels valued and experiences success;
• believes in a strong, supportive environment that values pastoral, extra-curricular as well as academic progression. This has lead us to being rated as ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted in 2018 and awarded ‘Comprehensive School of the Year 2016’ by The Sunday Times;
• values and promotes continued CPD. Waldegrave is a teaching school and can offer great support and progression to all staff from NQT’s to middle leaders and onwards to senior leadership;
• has strong links with other local schools, both primary and secondary as well as outside local community associations and clubs;
• is oversubscribed throughout the school and enjoy a thriving, growing sixth form.
Waldegrave School can offer you:
• a supportive community environment in which to develop your career;
• a Staff Association who help to support staff well-being and organise social events;
• a cycle to work scheme as well as an employee benefits and well-being scheme;
• on-site parking;
• close transport links – Fulwell and Strawberry Hill train stations as well as many bus routes;
• after school fitness classes, e.g. zumba and yoga, as well as use of our fitness suite.
The safeguarding of our students is at the core of all that we do. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check; a prohibition from teaching check, where applicable; and appropriate references from your current and previous employer, corroborated by personal phone calls made to each referee.