We are seeking to appoint a talented NQT or an experienced Computer Science Teacher to become our Lead Teacher of Computer Science to establish and develop the Computer Science department. This is an exciting opportunity to join our vibrant and passionate team in September 2018 and take on the important role of creating our Computer Science department, which will be a core part of the school curriculum.
Turing House School is a new 11-19 secondary school, currently with years 7, 8 and 9, on a temporary site in Teddington. Our first two years have established us as a successful and exceptionally popular school, being oversubscribed with waiting lists for each year group. The school’s permanent site will be ready in 2020, and from September 2018 the school will temporarily be on two sites.
This is a rare opportunity for an inspirational Computer Science Teacher to make a mark on our new school and new department as well as developing your career with us.
· be either a NQT or an experienced teacher, inspired by the opportunity of setting up a new department and being part of a new growing school
· be an excellent classroom practitioner with a high level of subject expertise
· be confident in teaching Computer Science from Key Stage 3 to GCSE and ultimately A-Level
· be committed in creating a vibrant Computer Science curriculum and strive for continual improvement
· ideally have the ability to teach other subjects at Key Stage 3
· be flexible, dedicated and passionate about delivering exceptional learning experiences and ensuring all students achieve the best possible outcomes
· have excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
· share the school’s mission and ethos
We can offer:
· opportunities for ongoing professional development
· a professionally-stimulating and supportive working environment
· smaller classes of 25
· a comprehensive and successful NQT induction programme
· main pay scale - TLR available according to experience and role
Choosing the right new school to work in is as important to you as choosing the right new staff is for us.
Please do use the website to find out more about us. In particular we suggest you visit:
If you are confident you can rise to the challenges we want to hear from you!
Please visit our website to register your interest and to receive more information and a recruitment pack: www.turinghouseschool.org.uk/vacancies.php
The closing date for all applications is midday on Monday January 22nd 2018. Interviews will take place soon after applications are received. Shortlisted candidates will be informed of the arrangements by telephone and email.
We are completely committed to safeguarding the welfare of our students. Appointments will be subject to an enhanced DBS clearance and references.
Turing House School is an equal opportunity employer