Post: Lead Teacher of EAL
Required for: April 2018
Pay scale and salary: MPS/UPS + TLR 2B
We invite applications from innovative, resilient, creative and motivated people who can play a key role in the school. You will set the highest expectations for yourself and for others. You must be committed to ensuring that all students receive an outstanding educational experience in a school that is focused on raising performance at every level.
The successful candidate will:
- Be able to raise expectations of EAL (English as an Additional Language) learners by effectively managing EAL across the Academy
- Be able to provide and co-ordinate language support specific to the needs of the secondary curriculum
- Take responsibility for planning and implementing appropriate work programmes for all learners
- Make an active contribution to the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of EAL Policy in the Academy.
- Be committed to working with staff and students to help them achieve their potential
- Have an uncompromising belief that all children deserve an outstanding education.
We are recruiting to the above position starting for April 2018 as we build on our journey of ‘Transformation to Excellence’.
If you think you have the passion, energy and drive to help us to move to the next stage in our development, we look forward to hearing from you.
Application packs can be downloaded from: www.cockburnschool.org/vacancies
The closing date for this post is noon on Friday 8th December 2017.