Due to the academy growing by almost 200 students annually, based on our excellent results and our strong reputation we are seeking to appoint an inspirational Lead Teacher of Geography who will:
- Rapidly raise standards and achievement, through: the strategic improvement of teaching and learning in Geography;
- Work under the direction of the Head of Geography to continue to drive up the standard of teaching and learning so the Geography department becomes flagship department leading the way in ensuring Kingswood Academy becomes a beacon of educational excellence;
- Inspire imaginative and effective approaches to learning and teaching of Geography; which consistently drive up progress and attainment standards;
- Play a role in terms of supporting the development of teaching and learning across the Academy;
- Support and improve other teachers to rapidly improve their effectiveness through modelling excellent practice, professional mentoring and robust line management/holding to account;
- Through mentoring, coaching, IRIS Triads, use of ICT and the implementation of T&L research ensure all T&L in Geography is outstanding;
- Consistently teach high quality lessons which deliver excellent outcomes for all students.
Candidates must be able to teach across the ability and age range, supporting the development of Geography to the highest standards for all pupils at Key Stages 3 and 4.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be an excellent Geography Practitioner;
- Bring an unwavering commitment to promoting the highest standards of teaching and learning across the department and the academy;
- Have a relentless obsession about developing all aspects of Geography teaching and learning;
- Be a committed team player;
- Have the ability to engage and inspire pupils and build excellent relationships with both students and staff;
- Be committed to Kingswood Academy's ethos of high expectations and no excuses;
- Be passionate and ambitious about their own career development.
Career development recruitment incentives:
- Access and support to follow middle leadership programmes from the outset e.g. NPQML and Teaching Leaders;
- Candidates should be looking at this post as a 2 year career pathway rather than just a Lead Teacher of Geography post;
- We advise you to come in and speak with the Headteacher to discuss the above and shape the next 2 years of your career.
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It’s what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you’ll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we’re inspiring.
- More opportunity to grow your career - We’ll support you in developing your career and experience at this school or another AET school.
- More tailored support - We understand every academy is unique. We’ll give you tailored support and flexibility, allowing you to do what’s best for your children.
- More chance to see what’s out there - We create opportunities for teachers to visit other AET academies and learn from outside experience.
- More like minded colleagues, so you can benefit from others’ experience - You’re connected to our network of over 60 academies and thousands of education professionals.
- More technology so you can make more impact - G Suite for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin and more time teaching.
- More time - We strive to minimise unnecessary distractions so you can have energy for your job, and your life.
Closing Date: Wednesday 22 May 2019
Interviews are scheduled to take place Thursday 24 May 2019
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Find your remarkable, apply today by clicking the apply now button.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details.