We are seeking to appoint a motivated and ambitious Lead Teacher of Maths with the highest personal and academic standards to support our Maths Departments, someone who is an outstanding practitioner, with high expectations and a record of achieving the best outcomes from their students. We are looking for a someone with drive, energy, a genuine love for teaching and learning and a passion for Maths, someone who has the vision and determination to ensure all our students receive excellence every day.
The successful candidate will:
• drive forward the quality of teaching and learning in the department
• develop and enhance the teaching practice of others.
• be a well-qualified practitioner within the subject are
• be a good communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
• be a self-motivated and enthusiastic team-player
• have a proven track record of securing successful student outcomes.
If you are passionate about the students with whom you work, have high expectations with regards to standards and behaviour and a commitment to ensuring that every student achieves their full potential, we look forward to your application.
Deadline: Friday 29 January 2021
Shortlisting will take place WC 1 February 2021 with interviews taking place week commencing WC 8 February 2021.
How to apply:
Application packs can be downloaded from the website.
Letters of application should be no more than two sides of A4 and should be returned with application forms to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Jade Hutton, Support Services Manager, Bedlington Academy, Palace Road, Bedlington, NE22 7DS
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
Ashington Academy was opened in 1960 as Ashington Grammar School and became a comprehensive school in the mid-seventies. We are now an 11 to 18 secondary school and sixth form.
In 2007 we became a foundation school (we own our land and buildings and ...