Are you looking for an exciting career opportunity?
Do you aspire to be a head of faculty or part of the Senior Leadership Team in the future?
The Lead Teacher will work alongside the Curriculum Team Leader to provide pedagogic leadership as an outstanding classroom practitioner, playing a key part in raising standards through the model of their own excellent teaching.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate, whether you are new to teaching or experienced in your field, to take up a leading role within the Maths department. Wingfield Academy is one of the highest performing schools in South Yorkshire, judged as a ‘Good’ school by Ofsted in 2017.
Wingfield Academy is looking for an inspirational and outstanding lead teacher who will:
• Lead by example
• Be an outstanding classroom practitioner
• Demand the highest expectations and standards in all aspects of school life.
• Demonstrate impact, creativity and high levels of personal integrity.
• Have the skills and energy to inspire, lead and motivate others.
• Be uncompromising in their pursuit of the best outcomes for young people.
In return we can offer you:
• A ‘child centred, progress focussed’ school ethos.
• A school with a well-established culture of hard work and high expectations.
• A welcoming and supportive community.
• The opportunity to work with a passionate and hardworking team of staff.
• Opportunities to develop the skills and qualities to progress your leadership career.
• A supportive loyal and committed Leadership Team and Governing Board with a clear vision of raising standards of teaching and learning and positive behaviour.
• A cohort of students with high standards of behaviour and a willingness to learn.
Wingfield has become a high performing Academy. We believe that our close-knit community provides the optimum conditions for academic success and outstanding pastoral care because we know every child. Our dedicated and ambitious staff go the extra mile to make a quantifiable and powerful contribution to social mobility. We focus on the things that matter.
If this sounds like a place for you then why not join our dynamic team as lead teacher of Maths and be part of the driving force to ensure we become outstanding and the number one choice for parents in the locality.
All applications must be on the Wingfield Academy application form. In your application you are invited to write a supporting statement of no more than two sides of A4 which outline how your knowledge, skills and experience meet the job description criteria.
Informal discussions about the role and a visit to the Academy are warmly welcomed. Please contact the Headteacher’s PA; Amanda Cook on 01709 513002 or email email@example.com to make an appointment to visit.
Closing date for applications: 12noon Monday 20th May 2019
Interviews and panel activities: Thursday 23th May 2019